Deals Megathread

flop

totally wholesome magical girl
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
All right!

So here's a thread where you lovely folks can post any deals or sales that you come across. Things like Humble Bundles that you might think people will like, discounts, Steam sales, and so on.

Please keep it to official and legitimate vendors, however.

D-Volt

Haruspex/Menkhu
May 10, 2020
All right!

So here's a thread where you lovely folks can post any deals or sales that you come across. Things like Humble Bundles that you might think people will like, discounts, Steam sales, and so on.

Please keep it to official and legitimate vendors, however.

Serious question: Are deals that take advantage of regional price differences allowed?

For instance, right now the base version of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA MegaMix for Nintendo Switch is $39.39 in the US eShop. It's $60 for the Deluxe version with all the DLC included. However, it's only around $18 for the base version and $30 for the Deluxe edition in the Mexican eShop.

This is obviously a huge deal, especially since it's a brand new game (it comes out on the 15th and you can pre-purchase it) but many gamers have strong opinions about taking advantage of regional price differences.

Just figured I'd ask right at the start.

flop

Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
Serious question: Are deals that take advantage of regional price differences allowed?

For instance, right now the base version of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA MegaMix for Nintendo Switch is $39.39 in the US eShop. It's $60 for the Deluxe version with all the DLC included. However, it's only around $18 for the base version and $30 for the Deluxe edition in the Mexican eShop.

This is obviously a huge deal, especially since it's a brand new game (it comes out on the 15th and you can pre-purchase it) but many gamers have strong opinions about taking advantage of regional price differences.

Just figured I'd ask right at the start.

I mean... eh. I'd probably keep it to just explicit discounts? If that's okay.

Reactions: RiffRaff

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Deadly Premonition: Origins is on sale for Switch for 50% off (€15) (ends May 17th, 2020). You can probably get it much cheaper for PC, but for Switch that's not a half bad deal for a game that needs to be tried by all.
Thinking about double dipping myself.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
To anyone into Roguelites like Binding of Issac and Lovectaftian/Cosmic horror I highly recommend checking out Lovecraft's Untold Stories. It's on sale on PSN and Switch still (I think.)

Reactions: PhilKenSebben

flop

Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
If you have Twitch Prime, you can get 14 days of Old School RuneScape membership for free:

RolanberryPrins

Aggressive Crybaby
May 10, 2020

Another Indie Awards/Celebration that's gone online. Lots of cool looking games with lots of demos. Streams are in Russian, Polish and English.

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
Made a qpost, forgot about this thread:

Screenshot_20200525-125454_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I even had a hard time finding XC2 used (with a box) for this price.

• Love
Reactions: RiffRaff

JonJonXD

May 28, 2020
I cannot push Humble Bundle and Green Man Gaming enough for PC Games.

I buy most of my games on both as I am a Humble Monthly subscriber, so even some games are day one 20% off (Shantae and The Seven Sirens for example I got for 20% off day 1).

Jun 9, 2020
UK
Not bought anything through it myself yet but I've had GG Deals suggested to me as a good place to look. They're basically a deals aggregator, pulling prices from the different stores and listing the best deals:

https://gg.deals/

I think you can watch stuff and get alerts if you've looking for particular deals too.

Roager

Rogue Ogre
May 11, 2020
I've been using Game Maker Studio 2 for Bass's game jam, and it's a cool thing. Humble's currently got it for 25% off, plus additional discount if you're a Humble Monthly person. That said, free engines like Godot and Unity exist, and Pico8 is real cheap at $15 compared to Game Maker's (usual price of) $100 for a permanent license. But it's a deal, so here it is.