Hey y'all.

Shibboletho

Jun 11, 2020
I don't think I ever had any kind of formal introduction here. What a thrill.

I've been on dtoid since September 2007, because this was one of the first news sites that broke news of Ninja Gaiden II for the 360 shortly before its reveal later that year. I was, and am, a huge fan of the NG reboot. I made an account, hung around, etc. I lost that account's pw/email a long while back and created this one in 2011 (I think). This account has had a few names over the years, but I finally shed the shitty kid moniker I had and changed it to "Shibboleth" around 2016 or 2017. Then when I went to start a Twitch account, "Shibboleth" was taken, so I stole the name of my favorite Witcher and added an O to the end, and that's how I roll. Every time I make a donation to GDQ the announcer readers it differently, but I'm cool with that. My name is whatever it is.

Like any cis-het white male, I play a lot of action games. I'm long past the point where I care about being "good" at any of them (I only made it through Bloodborne with my buddy Frosty's help, and then I just kindof lose interest with tough shit). My favorites are Platinum games, Arkane's work, and other good action and platforming titles, especially Metroidvanias (but not roguelikes, foh with that shit) and sandbox-style games like Hitman. I also really love good puzzles games like The Witness and Baba Is You. Some games are just so perfectly-constructed that I'm drawn to them anyway; I consider Klei's Mark of the Ninja and Roll7's OlliOlli2 to be mechanically perfect videogames, meaning that there is nothing I can think of to change that would improve them. I am a diehard Mega Man fan and I will make that my hill to die on.

By day, I'm working on a degree because my measurable worth to the world is evaluated in papers published and students passed. Oftentimes I put on a karate gi and get my ass kicked for hours at a time. I try not to be outspoken, but there's not much about that's very private or secretive, either.

All-time top 5 in no particular order:
Witcher 3
Ninja Gaiden 2 (360)
Metal Gear Solid 4
Jet Set Radio Future
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Stoked for:
Cyberpunk 2077
Solar Ash (Kingdom)
Deathloop

Currently playing:
Time Spinner

PSN: Shibboletho (I'm on whenever I have time and usually just playing solo)
Switch: SW-3024-1504-4536

AMA I guess.

<3

• Mr. Destructoid
Reactions: RiffRaff

Shibboletho

Jun 11, 2020
Wut up Shibby

Aw word. What up Seb?

Welcome to the gutters!

What's your personal shibboleth?

Oh man, that's tough. For a long time, I used the Maverick emblem from Mega Man X as my avatar (and still do on the home site, but it was acting weird here and this is more Twitter-friendly). Day to day, my signature is probably the best example. My Chinese astrological animal is the rabbit (I'm not Chinese, I'm aware of cultural appropriation--I just dig the way it works), and rabbits show up in a lot of the imagery I like. So when I sign my name, I use the last few letters to draw a rabbit.

• Love
Reactions: RiffRaff