I should be a good staff member and do one of these....

Torchman

Mecha Lord of Dtoid
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Oh boy guess it's my turn for an introduction.

Hi I'm Torchman, or as you may know me from the Front Page, Mike Sounders. I've been a part of the site since 2013, and I made my front page debut in 2017 when I wrote a review for Gundam Breaker 3. Since then I've flooded the front page with Gundam news and whatever catches my eye, while also tempting Dreezy to play bad games like Troll & I on stream. So without further adieu...
  • How did you find Destructoid? - I don't actually remember to be honest. It's been so long. Maybe it was through a subreddit?
  • What are your favorite games? - To give a couple, Kirby's Adventure, Majora's Mask, Mega Man Battle Network 2, Persona 4 Golden, One Step from Eden, Xenoblade Chronicles, The World Ends With You
  • What consoles have you owned? - For home consoles in ownership order: NES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, PS3, PS4, Switch. For portables: Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, DS, DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL, New 3DS XL, PSP Vita.
  • What interests do you have outside of video games? - Anime, mecha, model kit building of the Gundam variety. Lately I've been getting into collecting the Metal Build series of Gundam figures.
  • What other communities are you a part of? - No others currently but I'll give you a much more interesting ride of what I have been a part of previously.
    -Part of The Rockman EXE Zone, where I dabbled in Battle Network hacking and a fangame that has since died
    -Part of Chrono X, a still ongoing Battle Network fangame that's making good progress
    -Somehow worked my way into a moderator spot at a competitive Mario Kart board (yes really), because a friend was a part of it and I was curious what that was like.
    -Was part of a group of Battle Network + Star Force RP sites. Don't have the energy to do that anymore.
    -Was around on the Brawl in the Family forums when that webcomic was still going
    -Hung around the two best friends play subreddit (still kind of do to be honest
    -multiple Halo PC clans I don't remember the names of
    -IGN comments + forums

Torchman

Mecha Lord of Dtoid
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
What is your favorite model kit? Favorite Mecha series? Best mech in xeno x?

Oh god

From a 'How it's built' perspective, of the ones I've done, MG Turn A and Turn X. Syd Mead's design work meant how they're assembled is very different (Turn A has to have the frame of its chest built and then missile launchers inserted for instance, where as many machines start with the cockpit there). The ZZ Gundam Ver Ka is up there due to the engineering in getting that bad boy to transform into three parts. In terms of finished, Turn A, because it has the panel lining and Moonlight Butterfly part, and the Double X, because with everything out for the twin satellite cannon gives it a larger presence.

Favorite mecha, giving five: War in the Pocket, Turn A, GaoGaiGar, Gunbuster, Big O.

I don't even remember the Xeno X mechs outside of the Formula (shit model kit btw) and the final boss being called the Vita. Which I laugh at every time because I finished the game right after Sony announced they were killing Vita production, so it had a twisted meaning to me.

Reactions: MajorTomsCoffeeCup
May 11, 2020
Fraxia 112
Oh god

From a 'How it's built' perspective, of the ones I've done, MG Turn A and Turn X. Syd Mead's design work meant how they're assembled is very different (Turn A has to have the frame of its chest built and then missile launchers inserted for instance, where as many machines start with the cockpit there). The ZZ Gundam Ver Ka is up there due to the engineering in getting that bad boy to transform into three parts. In terms of finished, Turn A, because it has the panel lining and Moonlight Butterfly part, and the Double X, because with everything out for the twin satellite cannon gives it a larger presence.

Favorite mecha, giving five: War in the Pocket, Turn A, GaoGaiGar, Gunbuster, Big O.

I don't even remember the Xeno X mechs outside of the Formula (shit model kit btw) and the final boss being called the Vita. Which I laugh at every time because I finished the game right after Sony announced they were killing Vita production, so it had a twisted meaning to me.

Bahahaahah on the Vita bit, that's exceptional. I liked the amdusias and the Laila or w/e

That's cool on Turn A, I actually had a turn A action figure and had no idea what it was for the longest time.

I need to watch Turn A, Big O, Gun Buster, and I loved war in the pocket, cool shit mang