Let us know what you think of these Dtoid facemask ideas!

flop

totally wholesome magical girl
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
Heya!

Well, it was inevitable. We're working on creating some Mr. Destructoid facemasks. As in, rather than just retrofitting some of our shirt designs on to facemasks, we wanted to make something made just for a mask.

So here's some ideas that we've got in mind!

First off, just the Mr. Destructoid mouth.

C321EB28-7E9C-46B9-85FC-5418F3F0E5B2.jpeg

Aside from that, another suggestion would be to include part of our mascot's faceplate -- the "nose," so to speak.

5935C858-F0BC-410C-8F0E-D945C8C145FC.jpeg

And finally, the one with the Mr. Destructoid eyes. Which, as Eric pointed out in our staff Slack, is a little derpy. But hey, context! Is context good? Well, that's for you to decide.

445127FF-C209-4303-8FA5-FA345F5CD2B3.jpeg

So, what's your favourite of these? Do you have any more ideas? Feel free to drop some suggestions!

DeScruff

The Giant Rat That Makes All of the Rules
May 11, 2020
The Internet!
I like 1 and 2! They work great because even if someone that your talking to doesn't know what Dtoid is, it looks like some kinda smiley face shaped ventilation holes.

I have a feeling if I wore 3 into work, one of my coworkers would comment that it looks like my mask was blushing or something. - It was already kinda interesting explaining to people that it was a robot made of a whole much of usernames. (Then having to point to my right nostril to say my name was right there)

Reactions: flop

flop

totally wholesome magical girl
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
I like 1 and 2! They work great because even if someone that your talking to doesn't know what Dtoid is, it looks like some kinda smiley face shaped ventilation holes.

I have a feeling if I wore 3 into work, one of my coworkers would comment that it looks like my mask was blushing or something. - It was already kinda interesting explaining to people that it was a robot made of a whole much of usernames. (Then having to point to my right nostril to say my name was right there)
Yeah, I kinda like the simplicity of 1 and 2. 1 might actually be my favourite?

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
1 and 2 are nice and I prefer 1 the best.
What material will these be made from. I have a couple that are just tightly woven cotton and holy fuck are they hot and uncomfortable and so hard to breath in on hot days. The best one I have is made of a spandex-like synthetic material. And as much as I find synthetic textiles uncomfortable on every other bit of my body, they work great for face masks providing good protection and decent breathability.

ChrisMoyse

Be Kind to People
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
It doesnt need eyes, we have eyes, it just needs the nose and mouth, or just the mouth.
You have to picture it on an actual face, and the eyes would just fold over the nose and into the cheeks.