Rico's January 2021 Giveaway ~ 6 $10 giftcards!

Rico Penguin

May 11, 2020
oafkad.com
Hey Folks!

You ever had one of those days where you needed to write something but just didn't have the energy? I definitely had the energy this morning but after numerous hours on the phone chatting with family I can say I am all out. However I still want to get this post up and get started with my new year.

The contest is very simple. I'm trying to get my YouTube channel to 100 subscribers so that I can change my url name. Back when I first started using YouTube they didn't have a rule like that but after one of the many controversies it apparently became a rule. That's a real pain in my butt but I figured I'd take my misfortune and make it your fortune.

Ok...fortune is stretching it. Basically, I'm going to pick 6 people from my subscription list that comment at least once on a YouTube video this month. If you are feeling exceptionally generous you can also follow me on Twitch to get ready for next months giveaway but that won't be required.

You can find my YouTube channel here and my Twitch channel over there. I will be streaming game development, gameplay, and sometimes just random mixtures of other things. The actual video content will range from the occasional thought piece to game VODs from previous streams. You can also request I play any game. If I can get it for a reasonable price I will do so and we can enjoy watching me...hopefully not suffer but who knows.

The only thing you need to do to win is subscribe to my YouTube channel and comment a single time. The comment is just to make sure I don't give cards away to random bot accounts that signed up ages ago. I'm not even asking folks to like videos unless they literally do. Also note that you can win more than once. Each time I pick a name it will be from the total pool of potential winners. So you could win up to 60 dollars if basically nobody takes me up on this offer. This is how Lawman got most of my giveaway money a year or so ago.

Next month we'll do something slightly different but I'll be doing things like this all year long.

If by chance this goes way better than I was expecting I'll add in more gift cards. There will be no reason for me to offer fewer. And note that I can disqualify anyone for any reason but if you aren't a dick you are completely safe. Play nice and play fair, that's all I ask. The gift cards will be in whatever format you want. Amazon, Steam, Epic, etc. Just tell me one that works in your country. Also be sure you can legally enter. I can't be sending money to kids I'm pretty sure that would get me put on a list.

The first video should be uploaded later today after I stream. I unlist all my videos for the previous year. Will explain that one of these days when I've got more energy.

- Rico (aka Oafkad)

Rico Penguin

May 11, 2020
oafkad.com
This is still going on btw. I've just been absent because of a fairly serious injury. I'm a man of my word and don't want folks being bummed at the end of the month.