[Staff AMA - August 11] Brett Makedonski

flop

totally wholesome magical girl
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
Here's the thread for Brett Makedonski's AMA.

"Brett’s currently Destructoid’s managing editor, as well the most enthusiastic Rocket League player within our team. He’s also responsible for the article that spawned a long-running community in-joke about amiibo, so there’s that. Does he have any regrets? What color are his eyes actually? Can he actually play that guitar that sits behind him? He’ll be answering all of your questions."

Feel free to ask him anything when we unlock this thread on August 11 at 1PM EST.

CeeJay

Destructoid Staff
Staff member
Robot
Apr 26, 2020
Shirtless Greg Miller was popular enough to get into Marvel's Spider-Man. Which game is shirtless Brett Makedonski popular enough to get into?

Donski

Administrator
Staff member
Robot
Aug 5, 2020
Shirtless Greg Miller was popular enough to get into Marvel's Spider-Man. Which game is shirtless Brett Makedonski popular enough to get into?

I don't like the inference that I'm less popular than Greg Miller.

I'm confident I could get into a college football game shirtless with a team letter painted across my chest. Actually, I did that once in high school for a dance competition:

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 74

CeeJay

Destructoid Staff
Staff member
Robot
Apr 26, 2020
I don't like the inference that I'm less popular than Greg Miller.

I'm confident I could get into a college football game shirtless with a team letter painted across my chest. Actually, I did that once in high school for a dance competition:
Your head is too small for your body in that picture.

ChrisMoyse

Be Kind to People
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Have you ever picked up a bass and not played the intro to Take the Power Back by RATM?

What's your current gamerscore, and is there an elusive achievement that continues to haunt you?

I need tips to being a Kool Dude on Twitter. You got any?

If we meet up for a bake sale, what cake are you bringing?

In regards to MMA, who's the GOAT?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin Mersereau
May 14, 2020
How hunky are you?

Whats the weirdest combinations of two foods you love to eat?

What character in a piece of media is your spirit animal?

If you had your own band in your earlier years what was it and what instrument did you play?If you didn't what would it be and what would you play?

Whats your favourite and least favourite thing about being a staff memeber here?

Whats something everybody you know loves but you hate?

Favourite toy as a kid?

How many grey hairs or wrinkle lines do you have?

Donski

Administrator
Staff member
Robot
Aug 5, 2020
Best Seattle / PAX memory?

There are legitimately so many. That weird bourgeois Taco Bell party where we convinced the marketing director guy that two drinks would definitely not suffice. That other weird hotel-sponsored party where we got hand massages.

But the answer has to be when we scrambled for 24 hours to buy up a shitload of creme de menthe so that our Grasshopper Manufacture party would go off without a hitch. Then, we finally interviewed Suda live in front of an audience and got down to unwinding. Easily one of the most stressful shows of my life. There were so many logistical problems at that PAX that definitely weren't our responsibility.

PAX is my favorite show and Seattle is my favorite city. It's gonna be really weird and kinda sad just sitting at home over Labor Day weekend.

indigit4l

May 12, 2020
What's your biggest guilty pleasure song that you like? Preferably a pop song, 90's or 2000's.

Donski

Administrator
Staff member
Robot
Aug 5, 2020
Have you ever picked up a bass and not played the intro to Take the Power Back by RATM?

What's your current gamerscore, and is there an elusive achievement that continues to haunt you?

I need tips to being a Kool Dude on Twitter. You got any?

If we meet up for a bake sale, what cake are you bringing?

In regards to MMA, who's the GOAT?

Nearly every time I pick up a bass, I play the intro/outro to Fluorescent Adolescent by Arctic Monkeys. Lately, I've been following this dude's YouTube channel and playing along to Rocksmith without actually paying for it. There's a ton of stuff where there aren't reliable tabs but it's all perfect on Rocksmith. You just have to learn to read Rocksmith tabs which comes naturally quickly enough.

My gamerscore is 337,686 but I don't care much about cumulative GS. I just like completing games. Over quar, I decided to play Mafia II and III again (and I figured Mafia III might be better with all expectations removed). Mafia III's achievements are irredeemably busted and it's so frustrating. I dumped a bunch more time into that game, satisfied all the requirements for getting full GS, and like six achievements won't unlock.

Never use capital letters on Twitter or else you're basically a cop.

I hate cake and most sweets.

Joanna's the GOAT and I'll entertain no arguments to the contrary.

Donski

Administrator
Staff member
Robot
Aug 5, 2020
Do you ever regret writing the amiibo butt plug rankings?

Have you ever had a supernatural experience?

What would you say is your dominant love language?

No, but I also don't really view it as mine anymore. It's the community's. I don't have any interest in revisiting a second version as a traffic cash-in. Mostly, I'm just happy Jed took all the heat on Twitter for it, lol.

I deeply do not believe in the supernatural.

French, which is unfortunate because I can't make heads or tails of that language.

Donski

Administrator
Staff member
Robot
Aug 5, 2020
How hunky are you?

Whats the weirdest combinations of two foods you love to eat?

What character in a piece of media is your spirit animal?

If you had your own band in your earlier years what was it and what instrument did you play?If you didn't what would it be and what would you play?

Whats your favourite and least favourite thing about being a staff memeber here?

Whats something everybody you know loves but you hate?

Favourite toy as a kid?

How many grey hairs or wrinkle lines do you have?

8 Hunkies.

I don't know about weird combos, but I love sauces. I'll basically use any kind of sauce on any kind of food.

The alien in Alien.

I play bass but never in a band. A shitload of my friends are in bands though and we play together a bunch (although not so much lately).

This one is hard because I've been here for 9 years and full-time for nearly 7. Over that much time, you naturally get jaded to some things, some sheen wears off, and you understand the big picture a lot better. The quar has really reinforced how much I love traveling though. My favorite part of the job is going places, talking to people who make games, and running interviews. My least favorite part of the job is more of a general games industry/media complaint than specific to Destructoid. I get annoyed when everyone gets worked up over shit that does not matter at all.

I have zero love for comic book movies.

Does a basketball count as a toy? Because I wasted away basically every day shooting hoops in the driveway.

No gray hairs or wrinkles really. I have a pretty youthful complexion.

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
Who do you think you are?

What gives you the right?

Favorite Donut?

What did you have for breakfast today?

What would be your last supper before being executed?

Donski

Administrator
Staff member
Robot
Aug 5, 2020
What's your biggest guilty pleasure song that you like? Preferably a pop song, 90's or 2000's.

This sounds cheesy, but I'm long past the point of viewing music as "I shouldn't like this but I do." Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz is one of my favorite albums of the last decade and I guess maybe that kinda fits into the spirit of your question. But, that album was produced by Wayne Coyne and The Flaming Lips, and The Flaming Lips' The Soft Bulletin is also one of my favorite records. So, there's no real surprise there.