[Staff AMA - August 5] Dreezy

flop

totally wholesome magical girl
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
Here's the thread for Dreezy's official staff AMA!

"For the past several months, Dreezy has been our resident streamer on the official Destructoid Twitch channel. By the time his AMA is scheduled to occur, he’ll have hosted two ‘So You Think You Can Stream’ tournaments for us, giving away several thousands of dollars in the process. You should definitely join Dreezy on the forums on for an epic AMA, which will potentially also be livestreamed for extra-sensory satisfaction. "

Feel free to ask him anything when we unlock this thread on August 5 at 1PM EST.

Dreezyofficial4

Destructoid's Sexiest Streamer
Staff member
May 10, 2020
If you're the only human that is going to post on this AMA it will be a magical thing for the both of us. <3

S

Suspended User 07-24

If you were stranded on a deserted island, how did you get there? What could have prevented this from happening and why didn't you just do that in the first place?

Dreezyofficial4

Staff member
May 10, 2020
If you were stranded on a deserted island, how did you get there? What could have prevented this from happening and why didn't you just do that in the first place?
It would probably be like a scene from the TV show LOST. An airplane crash is probably the most obvious answer, killing myself before dropping to a horrible death would probably be the best strategy. However in the last minute of life I would probably change my mind in hopes of having a shot at surviving... Thus finding myself stranded on a deserted island... FUCK

ChrisMoyse

Be Kind to People
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
How did you get into video games? And what's your favourite game of all time?

In the super-crowded streaming market, what should a streamer do in order to make their voice and brand heard among thousands?

If you could be involved in a joint-stream with any internet superstar, who would you choose and why?

Dreezyofficial4

Staff member
May 10, 2020
Favorite fighting game character of all time?
oh maaaaaan... How you gonna slap a question like this on me... SO MANY!!!!!.... Can I give you like a top 50? LOL..... Impulse decision... (choosing with my heart here.....) Scorpi......... Sub Zero!..... JK... fuck... jesus.... FINE FINE!!!!... Kirby! FINAL ANSWER!

Reactions: bong264

Dreezyofficial4

Staff member
May 10, 2020
Fun fact its also debatable that Kirby is the strongest video game character in the universe of video games. I'll argue until my death, Name me a stronger video game character... go on.. ill wait...

CeeJay

Destructoid Staff
Staff member
Robot
Apr 26, 2020
Is keeping Spider-Man a PS exclusive in Marvel's Avengers a dick move by Square Enix, smart business move by Sony, or something that doesn't matter in the long run anyway?

CelicaCrazed

May 10, 2020
Canada
www.instagram.com
Hi Dreezy!

Have you ever had a supernatural experience? Like ghosts, ufos, psychic readings that were way too accurate for comfort?

What is the game that you feel was looked over or nobody talks enough about?

Were you a Sega or Nintendo kid growing up?

Dreezyofficial4

Staff member
May 10, 2020
How did you get into video games? And what's your favorite game of all time?

In the super-crowded streaming market, what should a streamer do in order to make their voice and brand heard among thousands?

If you could be involved in a joint-stream with any internet superstar, who would you choose and why?

1. My older brother got me into video games, we are 6 years a part and he was always into gaming growing up (He's a computer engineer and had access to a PC in the 90s, I didn't realize how lucky and fortunate I really was until I reached my teens). It feels like yesterday when he first showed me Duke Nukem and the original DOOM. Ever since that moment I was hooked to gaming and never looked back. So many games to choose from but If I had to choose it would be based on the game that always calmed me down when I felt sad or scared, always helped me get lost in a world of fun when reality and life was depressing and just all around a game that I spent hours and hours on. Mario 64!! (SNES was also a big deal but like I said because of my brother I mainly got to watch him play... forever player 2)

2. Plenty of strategies to grow on Twitch or any streaming platform for that matter however I think the one that gets often forgotten about is the cross promotion of other streamers. You need to pick the right people within the universe of streaming to grow along side with. Showing face and visiting other streamers channels and subbing to them while spending time in their chat can go a really long way for ones growth. Luckily for me Destructoid was an already established Juggernaut on Twitch with a rich past and amazing community who already set a strong foundation prior to me joining not to mention the resources this company has that allows us to create amazing shows which helps the growth not just of the streamers that join our show but for us as well. However like i stated before, individuals can be tricky, some are only interested in themselves while others will try to use your platform for self gain and go as far as sabotaging all the hard work you put in so its very important that you do proper due diligence and research before cross promoting with a certain individual streamer and/or company.

3. If he didn't have so much drama connected to his name I would say DrDisrespect only because I feel our personalities would mesh well together instead of clash, his production level is amazing and i'm confident we would produce hilarious content together. Having that said because I represent Destructoid and we need to be careful with who we associate ourselves with the safer bet for me personally would be Shroud only because I admire his skill level in any old game or new game that just comes out, he's a fellow Canadian and he has a very relaxed demeanor where I'm loud, annoying and all over the place so I think it would be cool!

Dreezyofficial4

Staff member
May 10, 2020
Is keeping Spider-Man a PS exclusive in Marvel's Avengers a dick move by Square Enix, smart business move by Sony, or something that doesn't matter in the long run anyway?
I think its a smart move by Sony and a mega dick move by Square Enix! Sony showing dominance over Xbox is very important especially with PS5 around the corner. I think this move will hinder Xbox sales so I think overall it was a calculated move!

DtoidJordan

Administrator
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Do you have any pets? (And if not, do you want any?)

What do your friends/family/relatives think of you streaming? Do they understand it at all or is it totally lost on them?

Dreezyofficial4

Staff member
May 10, 2020
Hi Dreezy!

Have you ever had a supernatural experience? Like ghosts, ufos, psychic readings that were way too accurate for comfort?

What is the game that you feel was looked over or nobody talks enough about?

Were you a Sega or Nintendo kid growing up?
1. I cant say that I have however I do remember one time when I was in my teens my friends and I went to a haunted house where a family of 6 all died at the hands of the mother and it was abandoned for many years. Us being young and stupid we decided to skip school and check it out with some beers, cigarettes and food (I only ate the food). After being in that house for 20 minutes I felt weird breezes and just had and overall unique feeling that until today I cant explain, I didn't hear or see anything out of the ordinary but definitely something didn't seem right... we quickly left because each of us felt the same things and thought no chance this can be coincidence.

2. I would say Unreal Tournament, especially it being on the Unreal engine which is used for many games that we play today I'm surprised nobody talks about how great it was for its time.

3. So my parents separated 3784764 times (surprisingly they are still together in a continuous forever toxic relationship, you would think as they got older it would calm down (like what do you really have to argue about at the age of 65.. how much water should be in a cup that has dentures in it???) but its only getting worse. The result of that is my brother got SNES and I got a Sega Genesis. It was a great childhood nonetheless, when I would go to my dads I would get to watch my brother play SNES and sometimes play as player 2 if I was allowed (he had a lot of friends over all the time)... It wasn't until I turned 13 and got my hands on my own Nintendo 64. That's when Dreezy really got to meet Mario (I'll always have love for Luigi though)... So I would say early early on it was Sega and then I transitioned to Nintendo.

Reactions: CelicaCrazed

Torchman

Mecha Lord of Dtoid
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Five favorite games you've played on stream? Either for the game itself, audience interactions, cohosts, etc.