[Staff AMA - July 12]: Wes Tacos

Nekro

Totally Wholesome Magical Girl
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
Here's the staff AMA thread for Wes Tacos; Enthusiast Gaming's sexiest giver of gifts!

"As another one of Destructoid’s community managers, Wes has been responsible for organising a huge majority of the contests that we’ve hosted on our site as of late. It’s literally his job to give you free stuff, although I hear he’s also a fantastic hugger. Wes will answer all of your questions while doing push-ups and sharing his secret recipes for subatomic home made chalupas (I just made that up), so don't miss it."

Feel free to ask him anything when we unlock this thread on July 12 at 4PM EST.

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
I just unlocked the thread. Was almost late due to falling asleep during another pointless, overwrought stream!

Reactions: PatBateman17

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Since no one is asking me anything, I'm going to just post random things about myself.

My cats know how to open doors. Like, not if they're shut, but if they're on the outside they know to push in, and on the inside they reach their little paws under the door and pull until it opens. They're like velociraptors, except way lazier.

ChrisMoyse

Be Kind to People
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
I'mma go.

What's with the Taco thing? I mean, Do you even like Tacos? or is it an old nickname or something?

What do you miss most since Lockdown/social distancing?

Why haven't I won any of the competitions yet and is it connected to the fact I can't enter?

What was the first record/CD/whatever you ever bought, and what was the first film you saw at the cinema?

Zalno

Dude who shouts "NYEH!"
Jun 8, 2020
Sorry, I just woke up from a Pokemon GO-induced coma myself.

...oh right, question. Um, is there anything you found yourself getting into that you previously thought wouldn't appeal to you? I just started watching Food Wars, for example.

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
I'mma go.

What's with the Taco thing? I mean, Do you even like Tacos? or is it an old nickname or something?

What do you miss most since Lockdown/social distancing?

Why haven't I won any of the competitions yet and is it connected to the fact I can't enter?

What was the first record/CD/whatever you ever bought, and what was the first film you saw at the cinema?
FINALLY. Thanks, Moyse!

Back when I signed up for Twitter, I need a username. I just kind of picked weslikestacos because I thought it was fun. It's evolved, or possibly devolved, into this!

I don't go out a ton, so the lockdown hasn't hit me too hard. I do miss random festivals, though. Back when I lived in VA there was a park nearby that had something going on pretty much every weekend, so it was fun to pop in from time to time and check stuff out. I also miss not having to wear a mask everywhere, but I think I'd better get used to it.

Every time you win I crumble up your entry and throw it over my shoulder! I'm a spiteful, spiteful man. Also yeah, staff can't win so there's that. I actually wanna win that PS5 from the Daily Esports forum thing, but sadly I'm in the same boat as you with that one.

The first record I ever bought for myself was actually a KoRn cassette tape. It was Issues, I think. I really wanted it because I was really cool and liked KoRn back in 8th grade, and the cassette was cheaper. First movie I remember seeing in cinema was Jurassic Park. Blew me away, and wound up seeing it like five times. I was convinced I wanted to be a paleontologist after seeing it. I currently give away video games to strangers.

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
What is the worst taco?
I don't think I've ever actually had a taco I didn't like. Burger King has a taco and I'm 100% convinced it's made of homeless people's feet, but apart from that I think so long as it doesn't have olives it's good. I will say I had that Grilled Cheese Burrito from Taco Bell, and I almost threw up. It's got a coating of weird, dead, greasy-but-still-somehow-crusty cheese on the top of it, and it even comes in a second brown paper wrapper within the wrapper, itself. The taste was bad, the texture worse, and it's easily the worst $4 I've ever spent at Taco Bell, which despite all the shit it gets (and imbues upon its consumer) I truly love.

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Sorry, I just woke up from a Pokemon GO-induced coma myself.

...oh right, question. Um, is there anything you found yourself getting into that you previously thought wouldn't appeal to you? I just started watching Food Wars, for example.
When I first started doing yoga, I never thought I'd be into it. It's got this weird, feminine stigma about it (still, bafflingly), so when I started like ten years ago I thought I'd hate it. Wound up really loving it! It's been a while since I've actually done it, but I can feel the different in my flexibility, stamina, and overall strength. I don't get much into the spiritual benefits of it, but man it's absolutely ideal for your overall physical health.

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
What do you prefer on your tacos?
I like to keep them simple. Shredded chicken, lettuce, tomato, cheese, guacamole, hot sauce, and maybe some sour cream and I'm good. I also enjoy a nice fish taco from time to time. There's a place nearby that has a really tasty mango salsa they put on there, with cabbage and a nice creamy sauce of unknown origin. I find myself disappointed when I try different "wacky" or "artisan" taco stylings, so KISS is key for me.

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
What is your favourite colour?
Purple! My PS4 controller is purple, and in Mortal Kombat 11 I've given every character a purple outfit (I still have a few where I haven't unlocked their purple variant) because I'm fucking boss like that. Orange is my second, followed by black and pink. Pink is cool by itself, but anything tinged with a gaudy neon 80s pink is *chef's kiss*

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Is your idea of heaven a taco delievered by a bunny girl?
This is an AMA, so I feel obliged to give direct, honest answers to questions. So, I'll break character and say having found my amazing wife and being with her is heaven. Looking back, I don't think I've ever been happy, so finding her has been a real boon to all aspects of my life. I don't know what heaven is actually like, but I'm thrilled with my little slice of heaven here on Earth ;)

GoofierBrute

Big Chungus
May 11, 2020
Rapid fire AMA for Wes:

1) How do we know you're the real Wes, and not his evil twin LesTaco?

2) Favorite game that everyone hates/game that you hate but everyone else loves?

3)Earliest gaming memory.

4) Does this dress make my butt look big?

• Mr. Destructoid
Reactions: Wes Tacos

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Rapid fire AMA for Wes:

1) How do we know you're the real Wes, and not his evil twin LesTaco?

2) Favorite game that everyone hates/game that you hate but everyone else loves?

3)Earliest gaming memory.

4) Does this dress make my butt look big?
1) I don't have a goatee, so I can't be my evil twin! Gotta bring Les Tacos back sometime though, haha. I've gotten really formulaic with my contest posts, so maybe it's time I changed it up a bit.

2) I don't know if everyone hates it, but man Resident Evil 5 is right up my alley. It's bombastic in all the right ways, it takes itself SUPER seriously without having a single serious moment in it, and it's an absolute blast to play in co-op. Literally every other game in the mainline franchise is better (apart from 6, which is bombastic in all the wrong ways), but it's my absolute favorite nonetheless.
Game I hate everyone else loves? Breath of the Wild. Great locomotion mechanics with an empty, boring world and the most pointless combat in any game, ever. Like, combat is always a detriment. You gain nothing, and lose your weapons. Hell, even having the Master Sword makes combat useless outside of the guardian things. Its locomotion system would improve literally every open-world game ever, but outside of that it's a hard fart noise from me.

3) My earliest gaming memory is my grandpa playing Super Mario Bros., dying, and saying he needed an "extra man" instead of extra life. I had to be like four, which would have made him like 37, not too far off from my current age. Ha, putting it into perspective I feel just as lost with a lot of gaming stuff these days as he probably felt back then. I don't know dick about streaming, have played roughly 13 minutes of battle royale games, and wouldn't dream of willingly going online to play against other people. I'm an old man, now.

4) In all the good ways!