[Staff AMA - July 12]: Wes Tacos

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
What has been your favorite game of 2020 so far?
Good one, Chris! Man, I don't play a ton of new games anymore. I think FFVII Remake is the only game released this year that I've even played that wasn't a Switch port! I loved it, but only made it to the Corneo section...I haven't played in like a month because life moves fast. I'll go with that, but since the Switch releases of Journey to the Savage Planet and Deadly Premonitions are new to that console this year, those are an honorable mention!

Reactions: Chris Carter

Vincentdante

Jul 2, 2020
Serious question. I've been honestly curious for a while, when you pick a winner for the many contests you hold do you actually go through all of the posts and pick a fave answer or is it randomly chosen?

• Mr. Destructoid
Reactions: Wes Tacos

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Serious question. I've been honestly curious for a while, when you pick a winner for the many contests you hold do you actually go through all of the posts and pick a fave answer or is it randomly chosen?
It's always random! For comment contests I use random.org and individually type in each commenter into the field and randomize from there. Gleam automatically does it for me, so it saves me a good amount of time. That said, I usually read every comment I receive, and if I ask your opinion in Gleam I read those, too! Merit-based stuff is too subjective to seem fair to me, so I do my best to make things as random as possible.

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
What's your favorite pun?
I don't know if I have a favorite or not. I do enjoy wordplay, however. I've got a contest going up in a few hours for something called Alpaca Ball, and there's a really good one the press company sent over. There's also a really bad one I tried to do, myself. I also came up with this one the other day:

FitBit should dump "steps" and call them "pedomiles."

*bows*

Reactions: Gus TT Showbiz

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Did you or did you not move solely to get to better/more tacos?
The Hispanic/Mexican food here is superior by far to back in VA, but man the Italian sucks. Finally found a decent pizza yesterday -- before the best I'd has was Domino's. Not ok, Valley.

Reactions: meanderbot

PhilKenSebben

Lord of Loss
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Cali
1. It weirds me out that we like the same colors, in pretty much the same order.

2. I just want to say I appreciate you, and love you.

3. Thanks for the TB warning. That sounds foul.

• Love

Nekro

Totally Wholesome Magical Girl
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
If it’s literally your job to give people presents, does that make you the community Santa Claus? And in that case, can I sit on your lap and ask for presents?

• Mr. Destructoid

Xeo

May 10, 2020
I don't think I've ever actually had a taco I didn't like. Burger King has a taco and I'm 100% convinced it's made of homeless people's feet, but apart from that I think so long as it doesn't have olives it's good. I will say I had that Grilled Cheese Burrito from Taco Bell, and I almost threw up. It's got a coating of weird, dead, greasy-but-still-somehow-crusty cheese on the top of it, and it even comes in a second brown paper wrapper within the wrapper, itself. The taste was bad, the texture worse, and it's easily the worst $4 I've ever spent at Taco Bell, which despite all the shit it gets (and imbues upon its consumer) I truly love.
LOL! I got that thing but substituted the beef for steak and actually really enjoyed it. But my stomach is trash tier anyway. I love melted cheese. I once made a plate of ghetto nachos that was pretty much this idea. Just a bunch of cheese melted on top of tortillas in the microwave. It was the same thing, greasy, dead crispy cheese on top of chips and then I put some hot sauce and refried beans on it and a little bit of sour cream and tore it up.

Anyway...this is closed, but I'm here now...so I'll ask something anyway, because I'm a rebel and I was at my parents house during this...

Truthfully, what was the best night of your life?

• Mr. Destructoid

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
1. It weirds me out that we like the same colors, in pretty much the same order.

2. I just want to say I appreciate you, and love you.

3. Thanks for the TB warning. That sounds foul.
Well they're good colors, so everyone else is wrong.

<3 back at ya

Yeah that shit was weird. Check it out if you're interested, but woof, me no like.

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
If it’s literally your job to give people presents, does that make you the community Santa Claus? And in that case, can I sit on your lap and ask for presents?
Yes just be careful of the candy cane I have in my pocket.

Wes Tacos

BonerLord
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
LOL! I got that thing but substituted the beef for steak and actually really enjoyed it. But my stomach is trash tier anyway. I love melted cheese. I once made a plate of ghetto nachos that was pretty much this idea. Just a bunch of cheese melted on top of tortillas in the microwave. It was the same thing, greasy, dead crispy cheese on top of chips and then I put some hot sauce and refried beans on it and a little bit of sour cream and tore it up.

Anyway...this is closed, but I'm here now...so I'll ask something anyway, because I'm a rebel and I was at my parents house during this...

Truthfully, what was the best night of your life?
The best night of my life is when my then-girlfriend, now-wife, came to visit me for the first time. I had to drive about an hour and a half away to pick her up from the airport, and my stomach was in ropes the whole time. Her flight got delayed when I was getting close, so I parked at a bar and had to calm down with a couple of beers. Seeing her come down the path from the plane is something I'll never forget.