The anime queue: past and current

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
Obviously really enjoying BNA at the moment. It's a little cliche, but I really enjoy they dynamic between Michiru and Shiro.

This show takes racism head on, and it's speaking to me a lot. Obviously with the BLM movement currently going on, it hits pretty close to home.

Reactions: Zalno

Zalno

Dude who shouts "NYEH!"
Jun 8, 2020
Obviously really enjoying BNA at the moment. It's a little cliche, but I really enjoy they dynamic between Michiru and Shiro.

This show takes racism head on, and it's speaking to me a lot. Obviously with the BLM movement currently going on, it hits pretty close to home.

I just finished watching it! I'm obviously into the aesthetic of the show because of course I would be. But this show resonates very strongly with me as a gay man, especially closer to the end.

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
I just finished watching it! I'm obviously into the aesthetic of the show because of course I would be. But this show resonates very strongly with me as a gay man, especially closer to the end.

Couple that with the great music and a really nice art style, and it's definitely a winner!

While on the topic of openly gay shows, have you by chance watched She-Ra and the Princess of Power on Netflix? It's not really what I would call anime, but it's absolutely wonderful. I loved every moment of it.

Zalno

Dude who shouts "NYEH!"
Jun 8, 2020
Couple that with the great music and a really nice art style, and it's definitely a winner!

While on the topic of openly gay shows, have you by chance watched She-Ra and the Princess of Power on Netflix? It's not really what I would call anime, but it's absolutely wonderful. I loved every moment of it.

I watched a few episodes. Didn't really grab me as much as I was hoping for. :/

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020
~I was re-watching Rurouni Kenshin a while back. First time since I was about 10.
Far cheesier and stilted than I remember (at 10 years old), but I love it.

~Just got back into re-reading my Berserk deluxe editions now that I have 5 volumes sitting around, so I'll no doubt be re-watching the anime(s) again soon (as soon as I fix my broken laptop again, thx MSoft) too bad about the most recent ones tho. yikes.

~Finished all the dubbed episodes of Attack on TItan and decided I really don't like it

~Half paid attention to My Hero Academia for a bit and decided I really like it and I'm going to have to re-watch and pay closer attention

~First Evangelion movie remake/reboot was neat

~About to watch the Digimon movie for the first time in 20 years because I've been listening to a bunch of Less Than Jake

also holy shit that movie is 20 years old

Shinkz

Wahoo~!
May 11, 2020
animethisseason.jpg

Currently this season for me.

Monday:
God Of Highschool

Tuesday:
Black Clover
Houkago Teibou Nisshi

Wednesday:
Gibiate
Re:Zero
Deca-Dence

Thursday:
No Guns Life

Friday:
Appare-Ranman!
Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun T
Shokugeki no Shitshow
Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Peter Grill to Kenja no Jikan
Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou

Saturday:
Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha

Sunday:
Monster Musume no Oishasan

Reactions: D-Volt
Jun 9, 2020
UK
Just finished watching Terra Formars, which I hated. Watching Higurashi atm, only 6 episodes in but I'm really loving it. I have no idea where its going (beyond brutal murder) but it's creating such a perfectly creepy feel to the show on the way there that I can't help but love it.

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
Slowly working my way through the Nichijou dub. It is a lot better than I imagined since the original is basically a masterpiece.

Speaking of dubs, I'm also watching the legendary Ghost Stories dub. Animes almost never live up to the hype for me, but this is [chef's kiss]. Anyone that doesn't know what's up, go into it blind while knowing that the Japanese original was a total failure and the English team got to re-write the script however dafuq they pleased.

Jun 9, 2020
UK
...Speaking of dubs, I'm also watching the legendary Ghost Stories dub. Animes almost never live up to the hype for me, but this is [chef's kiss]. Anyone that doesn't know what's up, go into it blind while knowing that the Japanese original was a total failure and the English team got to re-write the script however dafuq they pleased.

I think my first time watching that dub is probably the hardest I've ever laughed at an anime, it was that good. I think maybe Fumoffu is up there too, mostly because of how much of a change in tone it was from the main series but yeah, Ghost Stories really knocked it out the park. It has dated though, sadly; I re-watched it myself a few months back and though its still funny it does feel very mid 00s - with a lot of George W Bush references and nods to internet culture of the time. Not necessarily bad, but I can see younger viewers struggling with how 'of the moment' some of the references are. The girl who wants to fuck her bunny is timeless though.

I wish we had more dubs like it.

Reactions: Turbokill

Kerrik52

May 11, 2020
I've gone through Chihayafuru, Tonari no Kaibatsu-kun recently and just started Yuyushiki. It's the dumbest CGDCT show I've ever seen.

Vincentdante

Jul 2, 2020
Just finished watching Samurai Flemenco, and nearing the end of Space Dandy. I am still weighing my options for next watch.