Why'd You Choose Your Avatar?

D-Volt

Haruspex/Menkhu
May 10, 2020
I'm curious to know why everyone has chosen the avatars that they have. Obviously a lot of avatar switching will be done on this forum over time, so I guess the real question is how did you choose your first avatar here?

So that this thread doesn't get confusing if/when you switch avatars, I recommend posting the one you're referring to in your response.

I'll start! It's pretty simple really. If I had to pick two video game series that I think are masterpieces and deserve more recognition than they get they would be Xenosaga and Pathologic. I love them both to bits. Since my avatars on Dtoid are all Xenosaga related, I figured I'd make my forum avatar Pathologic related. So my avatar is Artemy Burahk for that reason.

HaruspexProfile.png

Sp_Testure

Earl of Cactuar's
May 11, 2020
Portland,OR
I'm curious to know why everyone has chosen the avatars that they have. Obviously a lot of avatar switching will be done on this forum over time, so I guess the real question is how did you choose your first avatar here?

So that this thread doesn't get confusing if/when you switch avatars, I recommend posting the one you're referring to in your response.

I'll start! It's pretty simple really. If I had to pick two video game series that I think are masterpieces and deserve more recognition than they get they would be Xenosaga and Pathologic. I love them both to bits. Since my avatars on Dtoid are all Xenosaga related, I figured I'd make my forum avatar Pathologic related. So my avatar is Artemy Burahk for that reason.

View attachment 28
I love cactuar's?

clarknovalis

May 11, 2020
I love Drive (the movie) and synthwave music/retrowave aesthetics. So when I found online the alternate poster of Drive drawn by James White (the guy also responsible for Far Cry 3 and Trials of the Blood Dragon original posters) I was enamored and took it as my personal avatar on all my accounts (even WhatsApp) because it pretty much encapsulates my personality.

White’s portfolio can be found here:

https://signalnoise.com/

This is instead the original movie poster:

BD0D6DC0-807A-41FD-9A96-F178B5BA732C.jpeg