Ladies and gentlemen! The fun has arrived!

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
I'll start with the ice breakers, unlike you heathens!

How did you find Destructoid?
Used to read 1up. Then Joystiq. After they were both dead, I longed for a good gaming news site. Somehow found dtoid. Came for the writing. Stayed for the community. And BTW, I live in constant fear of dtoid going the way of the dodo.

What are your favorite games?
So many! The original Halo trilogy, Ocarina of Time, FFX, Mass Effect, SNES Aladdin. I could go on.

What consoles have you owned?
SNES, 64, Xbox, PS2, PS3, 360, Wii, PS4, XBone. And that's not counting handhelds.

What interests do you have outside of video games?
I love to cook! I also watch a lot of TV and movies. Like everyone se here apparently, I have a bass guitar. But I don't know how to play it. I once got the idea that I'd learn. Bought the instrument and Rocksmith. Gave up after like 2 weeks. One day I may try again. Who knows?

What other communities are you a part of?
Online, basically none.

So I'm Boxman. Some of you may remember my other name as Greenhornet214. I used to go by Kilroy on other sites.

I'm from Utah. I'm Mormon-ish. I'm married to a lovely woman. No kids (and likely never will have any).

I like to write. I very briefly wrote for Dtoid's sister site Flixist (which is still around! You should read it!). I'm contemplating starting a blog of my own to write about TV and movies and stuff in my free time. We'll see.

I'm a pretty open person. If you ever have questions about me, don't hesitate to ask. I'm not too easily offended, especially with people that I feel are well-intentioned.

I'm also glad there are forums! I was BIG into the forums on bungie.net around the time of Halo 2's release. All the way through Halo 3. It was a massive part of my life. I even wrote Halo fanfiction back then! Tragically, that is lost to time. I'd be interested to read it now and see how my writing was. Anyways, forums can be a lot of fun. But that's enough ranting.

AMA!

Last edited:

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
Is it true that Mormons really love basketball?

Don't give up on bass! It's so satisfying and Rocksmith is a decent start. Blitzkrieg Bop is a good one to dip your toes in the water and get used to strumming however you prefer. (While some songs work better fingerstyle, you'll get no fingerstyle elitism from me.)

Also, if you find your strumming arm getting tired easily, it could be a posture issue. Try to avoid your wrist and forearm making a 90 degree angle. That'll tire out your whole hand really easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boxman214

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
Is it true that Mormons really love basketball?

Don't give up on bass! It's so satisfying and Rocksmith is a decent start. Blitzkrieg Bop is a good one to dip your toes in the water and get used to strumming however you prefer. (While some songs work better fingerstyle, you'll get no fingerstyle elitism from me.)

Also, if you find your strumming arm getting tired easily, it could be a posture issue. Try to avoid your wrist and forearm making a 90 degree angle. That'll tire out your whole hand really easy.
I haven't really thought too much about Mormons and Basketball. I don't think we like it more than most other people?

That said, a lot of congregations will play basketball together ("church ball") and it can be surprisingly vicious.

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
I did not know you were the harbinger of death for video game sites. Gonna have to keep an eye on you O__O probably playing the long game or something.

What is your favourite meal to make?

Thanks for sharing!

Great question! My favorite thing to make is chilaquiles. I'm making it tonight actually!

• Love
Reactions: CelicaCrazed