Pick 2 from 2011

vxxy

Huggable Mascot Character
May 11, 2020
Arendale
Arkham City, Rayman Origins, and Portal 2 :)

If I had to lose one of them...oh god it’s hard! Portal 2 I guess since I haven’t played it in ages. They’re all great games though.

(Also Uncharted 3 was mostly good. Much better than 1. But not as good as 2.)

Reactions: Dango

Lokhe

May 11, 2020
Sweden
This is a bit of a tough one.

#1 is simple, it's Dark Souls. It's my favourite game for a reason.

The second spot is a bit harder but I'll start with removing the easy ones:
-Batman: Arkham City just didn't live up at all to its predecessor and I really dislike the fact that they went open world with it.
-Portal 2 is a masterclass in design but I would call it more "interesting" than "compelling" as a game experience.
-Rayman: Origins just isn't my cup of tea, sorry.
-Minecraft may have officially released in 2011 but let's face it, it was cool long before that.
-Uncharted 3 is one half good game and one half trash cover-based third-person shooter. Not good enough.
-Mortal Kombat is a fighting game and I feel like they live and die by their scene, the gameplay itself is rarely the biggest experience.

So it's down to either Skyrim or Deus Ex. Both I played for many hours, both I enjoyed a great deal.

#2 will probably have to be Skyrim, if only for the legacy it left behind, if you can even call it a legacy, the game is pretty much still alive and well.

Roager

Rogue Ogre
May 11, 2020
For me personally, keep Arkham City and (the first actually good) Mortal Kombat. Maybe Rayman, I have a big soft spot for 2d platformers.

For the sake of gaming history... Dark Souls and Deus Ex I guess?

bong264

Miniature Enthusiast
May 10, 2020
Colorado
Mortal Kombat and MInecraft. Then I wouldnt have to here the "iT's LiKe DArk sOuLs" comparison every 5 minutes. Yes im a grouchy person.

DeScruff

The Giant Rat That Makes All of the Rules
May 11, 2020
The Internet!
hmmm... Minecraft, and.... Skyrim.
Those are the games I still semi actively still play.

With Dark Souls at least Demon Souls would still exist (And maybe that would have gotten a sequel)
Portal 2 is great, but I have the feeling the modding community would scratch any portal puzzle esk itch I would have with Portal 1.
The other games I am not interested in.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Dark Souls and Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

One of my favorite games of all time, and one of my favorite games of last generation, as well as one of my favorite modern gaming soundtracks.

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
You know the rules: Two live, all the others DIE!!!

Pick your champions!

View attachment 148
This one is tough!

I think I have to keep Minecraft. It's influence is so far reaching. I can't even guess what the gaming landscape would be right now without it.

And I guess I'll keep Skyrim. That's a hell of a game. I've out dozens of hours into it (and many people have put hundreds). And I love the world of The Elder Scrolls.

Shinkz

Wahoo~!
May 11, 2020
I'd probably say Batman and Uncharted. I really enjoyed Portal 2 though.

I'm not a fan of western mythological stuff like Skyrim. I'm really not a Souls person. I've never got the thing for Minecraft. I think the original Rayman is the best in the entire series. MK is just MK and I never finished Deus Ex. Something came out when I was a few hours in to it and I never went back to it.

It's wild to think that was almost 10 years ago.

zatoseyes

May 11, 2020
Definitely Dark Souls and Minecraft. If you delete either of those games you'd be removing a tonne of influenced products that have come out since.

LaserPirate

Frequently confused
May 10, 2020
Portal 2 and Rayman Origins by virtue of the fact that I play them the most out of all those games. Still have never done a complete second playthrough of Skyrim cause I had such a bad first playthrough.
Don't mean to sound like a dink but I'm curious, how was your playthrough of Skyrim bad? Isn't it a pretty generic rpg?

Neronium

Don't mean to sound like a dink but I'm curious, how was your playthrough of Skyrim bad? Isn't it a pretty generic rpg?
More so the bugs that I encountered were horrible. I didn't have a gaming PC till around 2013, and with Skyrim I played it on 360. Needless to say I encountered more bugs and corrupted saves on that version of Skyrim than I did my first playthrough of New Vegas on a PS3. And I've played New Vegas on PS3 multiple times. A first playthrough's bad experiences can make later on playthroughs not fun for me. Also didn't help that I had no HD television until 2013 as well so I couldn't read subtitles or text for Skyrim at all.

Reactions: LaserPirate

LaserPirate

Frequently confused
May 10, 2020
More so the bugs that I encountered were horrible. I didn't have a gaming PC till around 2013, and with Skyrim I played it on 360. Needless to say I encountered more bugs and corrupted saves on that version of Skyrim than I did my first playthrough of New Vegas on a PS3. And I've played New Vegas on PS3 multiple times. A first playthrough's bad experiences can make later on playthroughs not fun for me. Also didn't help that I had no HD television until 2013 as well so I couldn't read subtitles or text for Skyrim at all.
Ahhh. Got it. Makes sense. I've still only played Skyrim on PS3, didn't realize the console ports were so buggy.

Neronium

Ahhh. Got it. Makes sense. I've still only played Skyrim on PS3, didn't realize the console ports were so buggy.
PS3 is actually the worst version of Skyrim because of the runaway RAM glitch that would cause the PS3 to not be able to load the game after the file size of the save file reached a certain size. The patch fixed some of it, but it's still really bad at times with how choppy and buggy the games are for Bethesda on consoles.

Reactions: LaserPirate