Hey, I'm procrastinating so I'll do one of these

zatoseyes

May 11, 2020
Greetings.

I'm Eddie. I'm not the most social person in this community, but I like to think I'm friendly and funny enough to be recognized. I come and go as I please, like a stray cat that lives near your home and occasionally drops a dead animal on your doorstep.

Anyway, here's the staples:
  • How did you find Destructoid?
Apocryphal texts lead me to believe I joined in 2009. How I found Dtoid remains a mystery, but it was probably while I was looking for game reviews from a place that wasn't IGN or what have you. When I was younger I thought blogging would be fun, but I'm one of those kids who needs constant reassurance in order to continue enjoying a task so my first few blogs flopped and I petered out. But legends say I will return one day.
  • What are your favorite games?
I like a lot of different kinds of games. What makes a game I like requires a varying blend of things to make the perfect video game smoothie. My most treasured gaming experiences come from the late 16-bit/early 32-bit eras with games like Super Metroid, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, Sonic 2+3, Ghouls & Ghosts, Mega Man X, Final Fantasy VII+VIII+Tactics, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and so on. I'm also a fighting game man. The Guilty Gear series is one of my faves and I've devoted a lot of time to Street Fighter IV, Mortal Kombat X, King of Fighters 14, and Marvel vs Capcom 2+3 to be able to hold my own reasonably well. Currently I play Dragonball FighterZ more than any other.
  • What consoles have you owned?
Pretty much all the relevant ones. I went back and forth between Xbox 360 and PS3 during their height, but stuck with PS4 and PC in the following generation. I have a deep adoration for NES, SNES and PS1 games because those were my favorite consoles growing up.
  • What interests do you have outside of video games?
I'm trying to write a novel, but I have a hard time (depression, anxiety, ADHD) staying focused. Despite that I'm making progress and if I ever make it available to read online, trust the Dtoid Community will be one of the few places I make it known.

I also like watching TV+movies, listening to music, and occasionally reading things. What I like is usually hard to pin down in any given category. I'm flexible about most genres with a handful of stuff I just don't enjoy.
  • What other communities are you a part of?
Gaming-wise: I play Final Fantasy XIV on Mateus (Crystal), and I play Magic: The Gathering Arena.

Social Media-wise: I'm on Tumblr, but I mostly just absorb art and memes through it. I'm also on Twitch, but I never stream. I'm on Discord, but I'm not very sociable.

Alrighty. Now feel free to comment on or question me. I'm a big boy. I can take it.

PhilKenSebben

Lord of Loss
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Cali
As a fellow writer, I feel you. I cant write at all when my depression and anxiety are fucking crushing my will to even live. Havent gotten shit done in a couple months now. Fucking brains.

• Love
Reactions: zatoseyes

zatoseyes

May 11, 2020
Novel buddies! How far are you in yours?

I was following the Snowflake method and made it through all the steps. One of the last steps involves breaking the novel down into scenes and putting them in a spreadsheet so you can see the structure of the story from a 10000ft view and easily move things around or add and subtract where needed. I finished that step and got into the writing up to what I had labeled as chapter 3, but that is subject to change. I'd need to hop on my laptop to get an word count, and I can't be arsed at the moment.

As a fellow writer, I feel you. I cant write at all when my depression and anxiety are fucking crushing my will to even live. Havent gotten shit done in a couple months now. Fucking brains.

Hang in there friend. I was making good and steady progress for a while during the height of the pandemic shut-in, but then I started getting stressed because I'm moving soon and it fell by the wayside in favor of less work-like things. Like taking hours long depression naps and masturbating.