Look At My Pussy!

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
I got a graphic tablet to use for teaching online, but figured I should also use it to learn how to draw properly (in like a digital analogue kinda style) so I signed up for a course on Udemy. In addition to my practice of 100 circles, ovals, squares, and angles daily, I'm tasking myself to draw the same cat (almost) every day for at least a month. And to discipline myself and give myself a sense of responsibility to do so, I'm going to make you all look at it each day. Here's day 3 (this took me almost an hour to do).

cat3.jpg

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Cat 5. Cheating a little today. I did my guide marks on a separate layer so you're only seeing my tracing layer. If you happen to be curious what software I'm using it's called Krita and it's pretty good stuff. It's free so give it a look if you're interested in doing some digital art.
cat5.jpg

Reactions: Sp_Testure

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Cat 5. Cheating a little today. I did my guide marks on a separate layer so you're only seeing my tracing layer. If you happen to be curious what software I'm using it's called Krita and it's pretty good stuff. It's free so give it a look if you're interested in doing some digital art.
View attachment 363
Oh shit! I forgot the whiskers!!! I'm horrible!!!!!

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Tried a couple different things and I'm not too happy with the results. Oh well. Still a nice improvement after a week of practice.
Cat7.jpg

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
No kitty today as my assignment was to start practicing a scrub jay. So kitty is taking a break while I get some birdies for him to play with

ScrubJay1.jpg

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
My assignment today was to draw something simple I'm passionate about. As you can guess, one of my kitties was my subject. Here's my first attempt at Sleeping Freyja. Still needs a lot of work and many more attempts. But a decent first step into seeing where I can make improvements.
SleepingFreyja1.jpg

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Sleeping Freyja 2. I may have gotten a little carried away today experimenting with shading and trying to express her black color even though I haven't done that lesson yet. The curtains I need to figure out lol. I think one of my goals for the next months will be to do this scene really nice as I really like the image.

SleepingFreyja2.jpg

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Some improvements, some steps back. Need to make my precious Freyja look less chubby and get the size and angle of the head right. The ears are tough lol.

SleepingFreyja3.jpg

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Sleeping Freyja 4. Tried to make her a bit longer. Need to figure out how to make her seem less potato-ish. Also added a stronger outline to mess with it's effects.

SleepingFreyja4.jpg

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Sleeping Freyja 5. I'm actually kinda happy with how this one turned out even if the ears are not angled right.
SleepingFreyja5.jpg

keisal

May 12, 2020
I love these! What Udemy course did you buy? Not that I need another one to add to my list but also I do.

• Love
Reactions: RiffRaff
Jun 9, 2020
UK
I got a graphic tablet to use for teaching online, but figured I should also use it to learn how to draw properly (in like a digital analogue kinda style) so I signed up for a course on Udemy. In addition to my practice of 100 circles, ovals, squares, and angles daily, I'm tasking myself to draw the same cat (almost) every day for at least a month. And to discipline myself and give myself a sense of responsibility to do so, I'm going to make you all look at it each day. Here's day 3 (this took me almost an hour to do).

View attachment 327

Jeez, you've got a big pussy! Jeez, you've got a big pussy!

• Love
Reactions: RiffRaff