The Bar Part Zed: I Couldn't Come Up with a Better Name

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
*EDIT* This originally started as another music thread, because I'm stupid.

Welcome, come on in. Kick your feet up, if you like. Would you like a drink? Maybe a nice cold Scotch and Water, hold the Scotch?

Shoot the shit with your fellow Dtoiders. This is a general thread where you can talk about anything on your mind. A forum tradition reignited.

Last edited:

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
There's at least 2 music threads going if you scroll down enough. But whatever.
I've been listening to a lot of Clipping. (rap) and the latest from Protest the Hero (prog metal).

Reactions: JuIc3

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
There's at least 2 music threads going if you scroll down enough. But whatever.

I’m sorry! I didn’t realize your recommendation thread was essentially the what are you listening to. Seriously, feel free to nuke this one. I’m not sure how to do it.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
I’m sorry! I didn’t realize your recommendation thread was essentially the what are you listening to. Seriously, feel free to nuke this one. I’m not sure how to do it.
No worries. Didn't mean to sound passive aggressive :)

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
So basically I found out cataracts and might need eye surgery in the near future. Should be fun and expensive.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
So basically I found out cataracts and might need eye surgery in the near future. Should be fun and expensive.
That sucks. One of my biggest fears is losing abilities that allow me to enjoy my hobbies (namely gaming, cooking, drawing, reading, films/series). Eyesight is a big part of those. My eyes have always been shit (wore Coke bottle glasses when I was a kid, thank deer god for breakthroughs in lens technology) and anticipate problems with them in the future.
Developed tinnitus in late December (was my 40th birthday gift in fact...) and I'm just starting to come to terms with it. Most days it's low enough where I don't even notice it, but a couple times a week I get a spike that lasts all day and it rather sucks. I tend to avoid games that have detailed audio when that happens so I can enjoy it better (TLoU2 for example)

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
I can definitely see where you’re coming from. Eyesight is one thing, but as a music teacher, I’d be up a creek without being able to hear well.

I’m always super careful when I go to a shooting range for this. I notice that my left ear rings really bad as soon as anyone fires a gun, so I don’t even enter without wearing protection now.

Reactions: RiffRaff

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
I really don't understand your fear of that.

Full context - she likes sitting in the front of roller coasters, Dr. Pimple Popper, and the movie White Christmas.

Yue

Jul 5, 2020
I really don't understand your fear of that.

Full context - she likes sitting in the front of roller coasters, Dr. Pimple Popper, and the movie White Christmas.
I handled myself quite well today, thank you very much

Reactions: RiffRaff

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
On the old forums, the bar was the thread that would get so long that it made the site unstable so it had to be locked and restarted.

Lord knows how many iterations there where. I would have loved to have accurately labeled it, but I don't even remember where it got to.

Yue

Jul 5, 2020
Now if only I could have an actual alcoholic drink...... I'll just sit over here with my vanilla coke

1594075538826.png

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
You guys ever play a game, knowing exactly what you’re getting into, then feel disappointed when you actually get into it? I feel like this has happened to me a lot lately, especially with FPS.

May 14, 2020
You guys ever play a game, knowing exactly what you’re getting into, then feel disappointed when you actually get into it? I feel like this has happened to me a lot lately, especially with FPS.
Yep Red Fraction Armegedon. Loved Red Fraction Guerilla. Tried Armegedon knww it waa going to be bad and it just felt even more dissapointing to play. I spent like 12 hours beating it and I swear I honestly thought I just had spent 25 hours on the game shouldn't have waisted time trying to go through it

Reactions: JuIc3