SEA people where you at

sleepyfunn

Jun 30, 2020
Just curious, anyone here from Malaysia, Singapore etc. I've been lurking around Dtoid for about 10 years now and have never met anyone from the SEA region.

Reactions: Fendibull

Fendibull

May 24, 2020
HAH, I'm that Medey guy.

I know someone in the discord that are Malaysian though, I think we might have 3 or 4 South East Asian folks. the most friends I met on online (Minus IRL) are usually World of Warcraft.

sleepyfunn

Jun 30, 2020
Lol I'm in Manila
Aha! Greetings fellow asian. Good to know there's others lol

So how's the gaming scene in Philippines? A lot of players in Malaysia are more towards mobile games and people still go to cybercafes here if they want to get a proper gaming session in.

Fendibull

May 24, 2020
Just curious, anyone here from Malaysia, Singapore etc. I've been lurking around Dtoid for about 10 years now and have never met anyone from the SEA region.
So where are you from? If you're from Malaysia, were you the guy who posted blog about 2018 election? if so? God Bless You.

sleepyfunn

Jun 30, 2020
HAH, I'm that Medey guy.

I know someone in the discord that are Malaysian though, I think we might have 3 or 4 South East Asian folks. the most friends I met on online (Minus IRL) are usually World of Warcraft.
haha so basically there's only a small readership from SEA then. Is there like Destructoid Asia or something? I know there's IGN SEA but the articles there are......sterile lol

lewness

May 28, 2020
Aha! Greetings fellow asian. Good to know there's others lol

So how's the gaming scene in Philippines? A lot of players in Malaysia are more towards mobile games and people still go to cybercafes here if they want to get a proper gaming session in.

Oh it's very lively here, for better or worse. We remain a 3rd world country so yeah a bunch of people can only afford F2P gaming and cybercafes (also a dying culture) but the luckier ones like me love their PS4 and Switch (XBOX is a much smaller community but we manage) and there's a small but solid retro community

Reactions: Fendibull

Fendibull

May 24, 2020
haha so basically there's only a small readership from SEA then. Is there like Destructoid Asia or something? I know there's IGN SEA but the articles there are......sterile lol
Not concern enough about Western News Division here. the community are small enough and people don't give a hoot about it. let just say we're lack of reader due for scattered viewership.

But yeah. I do come here loyally since 2010.

As for Internet Gaming Cafes here? somehow it's getting smaller compared to the stuff we had in mid 90's to mid 2010's. Way before Mobile Games F2P and Co-Op games, I remember there was a fight between gamers in the CC I used to go over DOTA 1. But yeah, PC parts getting cheap, people getting annoyed over piracy restrictions, and how the video game have lower MSRP nowadays, especially when PS4 online shops offered cheaper price during sales. But yeah, Video Game culture here are going to reach goldilocks in term of Software Hardware relationships. Minus a "potato" but RGB setting. LOL.