Your Most Controversial Movie Opinion

Y_G

May 11, 2020
Marmite City
Guillermo Del Toro's films always look incredible, but they all feel so goddamn slow. Not even a good slow, a kind of "company board meeting at 5pm on a friday afternoon" slow.

Reactions: Boxman214

Rico Penguin

May 11, 2020
oafkad.com
Aliens and Terminator 2 are NOT better than their predecessors.

I don't think many people actually consider Aliens a competition for Alien. Generally I've heard it framed as a retelling of the story in a different genre.

Alien is a suspense thriller and Aliens is more of an action thriller.
Terminator 2's biggest offense was the marketing that spoiled literally *all* of the surprises. Literally all of them. In the trailers.

NeoTurbo

Some sort of human person?
May 10, 2020
Edmonton, Alberta
The most pushback I've ever gotten for a movie opinion on Dtoid was when I said the movie 9 wasn't very good. Not District 9. The animated one with the puppet things. The one most of you probably didn't remember existed before reading this post. That 9.
Awww, I love that movie! That part near the end where they're playing the song on the record player still haunts me.

Rico Penguin

May 11, 2020
oafkad.com
I absolutely love the Warcraft movie.

Every single criticism I've heard about it could be easily made for any of the Star Wars films. Not to say all criticism of it fits that but all of them that I've ever seen.

I feel like people went out of their way to hate it.

Dango

May 11, 2020
Queen Anne's Revenge
twitter.com
Since everyone now has to share their take on Blade Runner:

I watched both of them last year, and I can recognise that they're well made movies, but I don't think I'll ever have an urge to watch them again. Maybe it's just not my genre.

The living pinnochio dolls in the first movie were super unnecessary though, like what the fuck? What was the point of that? What were they even going for? That shit was extremely distracting.

John Smith

May 11, 2020
Last Jedi was GREAT. It took a lot of bold steps that the other movies in the new trilogy didn't take. It felt like the most Star Wars of the three as a result. It was unique, it was innovative, had a lot of cool scenes, had fun character development especially for Luke, and it took risks. Holdo Maneuver is one of the best scenes Star Wars has had since the Death Star blowing up. It was that rad.

vxxy

Huggable Mascot Character
May 11, 2020
Arendale
Matt, none of your sass in this thread 😠 (<3)

The Last Jedi was good.

Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom is the weakest film in the whole series.

GoofierBrute

Big Chungus
May 11, 2020
Oh I have a bunch of them:

I don't like ET.
The new Star Wars movies are better than the prequels.
The Princess Bride, Blues Brothers, and Spider-Man 2 are overrated.
Shrek 1 was decent at best.
I liked Jurassic World.
Batman & Robin is better than Dawn of Justice.

There we go, I think I pissed off everyone.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
To be fair, that's how Star Wars fans seem to feel about Star Wars.

God I hope people realise I'm being facetious.
I suppose that's true. I've never been a big fan though, even before the recent batch of dogshit. It's not like these most recent movies tipped me over the edge.