AMA: Bass

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
Sure, I'll do one of these, it has been a reaaal long time since I've last done one. All questions welcome!

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
Bass like music, or Bass like the fish?

The shirt may give you a hint... ;)

57.jpg

That being said, it was originally neither! It all started during a chemistry class assignment back in my first year of college. I got paired up with two guys I didn't know, and one of them put "The blonde bastard" instead of my name and forgot to change it back before handing it in... Funnily enough, the teacher figured out who that meant by elimination! We've been good friends since, and I've been using a family-friendly version of that name online because it's iconic.

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
If you were a lollipop, how many licks would it take for me to get to your center?

Explain your fascination with Persona 2. Is it your favorite?

If Animal Crossing were to be made into a movie, who plays Tom Nook and who plays Isabelle?

When all this is over, can we hug inappropriately?

Reactions: RiffRaff

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
If you were a lollipop, how many licks would it take for me to get to your center?

Explain your fascination with Persona 2. Is it your favorite?

If Animal Crossing were to be made into a movie, who plays Tom Nook and who plays Isabelle?

When all this is over, can we hug inappropriately?

I like to think I'm an guy with many layers (not unlike ogres) so I'd be pretty disappointed if it didn't take, like, at least 5 licks or so!

Persona 2 has my favorite writing, and some of my favorite characters, in the series. Its theme of disinformation is also still relevant today (though it was also mirrored by Persona 5 quite well!). So I'm rooting for it because I enjoyed it a ton, especially writing-wise, because it's an underdog, and because it's a JRPG with adults! Atlus doesn't give it enough love... Persona 5 edges it though in my personal ranking.

Can we have both of them be Daniel Craig? I need more Daniel Craig being silly like in Knives Out.

Heck yeah! :cool:

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Do you prefer the SNES or the Sega Genesis/Megadrive?

Have you ever gotten to meet any of your heroes? If so, how did it go?

If you could erase the worst day of your life, but in doing so you would also erase the three best days of your life, would you?

Reactions: TheBlondeBass

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
Do you prefer the SNES or the Sega Genesis/Megadrive?

Have you ever gotten to meet any of your heroes? If so, how did it go?

If you could erase the worst day of your life, but in doing so you would also erase the three best days of your life, would you?

I grew up with the SNES and barely played any Genesis games, so unfortunately for SEGA the choice is obvious for me.

I don't believe I have! I don't really put celebrities on a pedestal, so... I guess my friends count? :D
(I did meet the current Québec Prime Minister but I am unfortunately no fan of his...)

My three worst days ever were part of a larger set, so things would suck just as much with a memory gap haha

Thanks for the good questions!

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
What's your favorite bass (fish)?

Best 80's film?

Who's your favorite Canadian celebrity?

I don't have a good answer for that one, but I will say I found it really funny how everyone got mad at basses in the new Animal Crossing!

Back to the Future, no question! I still quote that movie to this day haha.

While I'm not really a celebrity guy, two Québecois names popped up with your question: Denis Villeneuve, who directed some truly great movies (fingers crossed for Dune), and Rachid Badouri who's got a unique style of humor that made me laugh out loud many times! I've included the latter in one of the Destructoid articles I've written, for that personal touch :)

1594121462308.png

(As for English Canadian culture, Torch or Neo would know way more than me)

Reactions: Vincentdante

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
What IS that thing on your shirt, anyways?

It's a blonde bass, of course!

blondebass.png

I used to have a photo shopped bass with a wig as my Steam avatar, but Ravenclaw drew this one so I had to make the switch!

Deep down do you secretly love Paper Mario The Orgami King and hate Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door.

I mean it's hard to hate a game before it's out! It looks like it's made some improvements over the last two games, but my main gripes with Sticker Star (one of my least favorite games ever) aren't completely gone from the new one either. It just stings a bit when a series that started off with successive slam dunks ended up with 'I hope the next one'll be alright', haha.

May 14, 2020
It's a blonde bass, of course!

View attachment 645

I used to have a photo shopped bass with a wig as my Steam avatar, but Ravenclaw drew this one so I had to make the switch!

I mean it's hard to hate a game before it's out! It looks like it's made some improvements over the last two games, but my main gripes with Sticker Star (one of my least favorite games ever) aren't completely gone from the new one either. It just stings a bit when a series that started off with successive slam dunks ended up with 'I hope the next one'll be alright', haha.
Playing through Underhero lately again on Switch(it was given away in the itchio black lives matter bundle)its apparently like Paper Mario. Never played the Paper Mario game but man its combat system is a fun cool little system looks better to me then what any of the Paper Mario games have.

I will say in fairness I guess it looks like they are trying a better job then the new Pokemon game did but a Paper Mario game that trys to do new stuff while still keeping most parts or the best parts of the older games like Mario Odyesy and Breath Of Wild would be awesome.

Well from the sounds of it at least you can't get any more hurt by it now or in the future it sounds like right?

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
Don't give me my own advice questions!

If we go with the strict definition of "is a girl and is in Monogatari", I am extremely vanilla because Senjougahara would be my pick. The starry sky scene in season 1 is still one of my favorite moments.

If we go with the slightly more radical definition of "is an important character with an opening song", it's Kaiki for sure.

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
Well, I have a top two -- Steins;Gate is up there for me, with great characters and a captivating story, buuuut there are some cringier moments that I'm not looking forward to when I rewatch (shower sceje, handling of a trans character).

Psycho-Pass season 1 is my favorite all-around experience which hurts because no other Psycho-Pass content matched the height of the original series! At least the movies and Season 3 went for a different mood, but season 2 was just "season 1 but bad" which leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth.

Now I'm curious though, what's yours? Pretend I asked that on your AMA :D