AMA: RiffRaff

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
I usually never do these, but sure, why the hell not. Let's get in the AMA season spirit!

Reactions: Zalno

Zalno

Dude who shouts "NYEH!"
Jun 8, 2020
Alright, let's get the obvious out of the way.

Favorite game(s)?
Favorite character(s) from games?
Favorite deodorant to spray up your ass?

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Alright, let's get the obvious out of the way.

Favorite game(s)?
Favorite character(s) from games?
Favorite deodorant to spray up your ass?

Favorite game: How about top 3 in no particular order- Zelda: BotW, Disco Elysium, Planescape: Torment

Favorite Character: Just too many. Kiryu Kazuma (Yakuza series), Morte (Planescape), Barret (FF7), Xoti, Durance, and Edèr (Pillars of Eternity series), Kanji (Persona 4), Kat (Gravity Rush), Palicos (Monster Hunter series), Kratos (GoW 4, not the earlier ones, didn't like him there), Luigi and Daisy.

Favorite ass deodorant: None. If someone's gonna be tossing my salad I want them to get my delicious au natural flavor. I would only expect the same in return.

• Love
Reactions: Zalno

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
What was your most inspirational childhood figure (person, game, character)?
Bob Ross. Besides being such a chill dude and getting me interested in art and landscapes. I never really became much of an artist, but I did develop a great appriciation for it. It was also a show I would always watch with my grandparents. Some great memories there.

Not exactly from my childhood, but late teenage years, Emril Lagasse was a big one too. I had already started cooking in a restaurant and attending a cooking course at my high school's VoTech program, but Emril was a big inspiration to pursue cooking professionally after high school. I had met him on a school trip to culinary school where he gave a demo and speech and it really inspired me. One of the nicest guys ever. Couldn't go to Johnson & Wales (the school I saw him at) because it was way too expensive, but I did end up going to a great culinary program at Atlantic City College.

Years later, Anthony Bourdain is another big one. Besides being an amazing chef, he inspired me to travel more and now I'm a big, dumb American living in Italy and have traveled to more places I would have never dreamed of. I know it's clichè, but travelling has been a life-changing experience.

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
If a mystical being offered you to go back 10 years in the past, plop your soul back in your old body, would you do it?

Also, who's best girl in Monogatari?

Reactions: RiffRaff

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
I would not go back ten years. I'm quite happy where I am now in life. And even if I wasn't, I wouldn't go back. Experiences make a person, good or bad. That being said, if there was one thing I would go back and tell my younger self it would be to wear earplugs to concerts and turn the fucking music down.

I had to google Monogatari and it doesn't look like my thing. So, ummm, I guess the brunette. I like brunettes.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
What's your single favorite track from a video game soundtrack?

What's your favorite horror movie overall? Not what you consider the BEST, but your favorite?

If you could have one form of powerful magic between either necromancy or being an elementalist, what would you pick? (Control over the dead, and mastery of the bridge in between. Or control and mastery over elemental forces?)

Reactions: RiffRaff

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Hmmm, tough one. I'll definitely have to go with something from the Zelda series. It's a toss up between the classic Overworld theme and the Town theme from Majora's Mask. The Overworld theme is just dripping with nostalgia and pumps me up every single time I hear it and the Town theme is just damn catchy and I love how it starts bright and cheery on day one and then keeps getting more ominous and nervous. I saw them play a rendition of it when I went to the Symphony of the Goddess concert and it was so outstanding!

Horror film. Again a toss up. John Carpenter's The Thing because it's The Thing. You already know why it's an amazing movie. And The Cabin in the Woods. I was rather jaded by horror films when it released but still wandered into a cinema knowing nothing about it (and stoned out of my mind) and was taken on one hell of a ride. It reignited my love of horror films.
Shout outs to Hellraiser, Event Horizon, and Videodrome. Love me some body horror.

And the easiest answer yet, elementalist for sure! While I mainly main as a ranger in almost every RPG I play I also enjoy playing druid and any character that has deep roots in nature. I will always side with the Dryads and Elves and basically any faction who's main goal is to protect the forest, even if it means doing things outside of my alignment (Chaotic Good).

• Love
Reactions: Xeo
May 14, 2020
What would be your dream team combination of multiple developers and for what type of game?E.g a game with the writting by the team behind Planescape and the gameplay done by the team at Plantium just as a example.

May 14, 2020
Favorite game: How about top 3 in no particular order- Zelda: BotW, Disco Elysium, Planescape: Torment

Favorite Character: Just too many. Kiryu Kazuma (Yakuza series), Morte (Planescape), Barret (FF7), Xoti, Durance, and Edèr (Pillars of Eternity series), Kanji (Persona 4), Kat (Gravity Rush), Palicos (Monster Hunter series), Kratos (GoW 4, not the earlier ones, didn't like him there), Luigi and Daisy.

Favorite ass deodorant: None. If someone's gonna be tossing my salad I want them to get my delicious au natural flavor. I would only expect the same in return.
Kanji looks like a lovely character not far in P4 Golden but I saw latter bits a guy like that with a side that loves crafts and the like is just a lovely idea for a younger character imo.

About one third through Yakuza 0 Kiryu has a more genric side to him but he is a lovely character all in all but I think Majma is brillant just in genreal, find him a bit better so far