AMA: Seymour

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
You might be immediately tempted to ask just how I am able to manage the exorbitant amounts of poontang I blow through on a daily basis, but here are some slightly more interesting topics to spring some questions off of:

- I make LP's on my YouTube (which I'm getting back to soon enough), under the moniker of "Seymour Demonica" (my name + a reference to Shin Megami Tensei)
- I craft the music sounds, under the moniker of "Tiny Phasers"
- I own hundreds of video games I'll likely never play
- I collect PS2 games, in particular
- I have a dog and his name is Hansel
- I've been at Destructoid for, roughly, 10 years
- I miss my daddy
- I have an average length penis

zatoseyes

May 11, 2020
Hi Seymour. Collecting games is a favorite hobby of mine as well. Which PS2 game in your collection is your most treasured, and if it's not the same game, which one is the most valuable?

Reactions: Seymour Demonica

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
Hi Seymour. Collecting games is a favorite hobby of mine as well. Which PS2 game in your collection is your most treasured, and if it's not the same game, which one is the most valuable?

Picking any one game is close to impossible. However, I do have every PS2-era Megami Tensei release. I'd frame them if I didn't also wish to play them!

I'd likely be able to pick out the most valuable one in my collection, but all my PS2 games are at my mom's place >.<;

What is your favourite Devin Townsend track and why is it Bad Devil?

"Bad Devil" is a great one! When you listed which albums of his I should listen to beyond Ziltoid 1/2, I actually immediately landed on that song. It's nestled snugly in my "Fuck yeah, 90's" playlist on Spotify.

My favorite Townsend track will likely always be the extravagantly epic "By Your Command".

Who is the best Demon/Persona and you can't say Mara?

Terminator. No contest.

He's a templar with a shotgun in one hand, a semi-automatic rifle in the other, on a jetpack. It is actual perfection and it's criminal that he only ever appeared in SMTII.

Last edited:

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
Hey Seymour! If there was any game you would like to experience for the first time again, what would it be?

Also who's the best girl in Monogatari?

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
What made you want to learn music? Did you do any schooling or self-taught?

I just played a mega-assload of the original Guitar Hero. Begged my mom to buy me a beginner guitar kit from Target some 13 years ago and the rest is history! Was self-taught because I so wanted to speed through my courses on learning chords, scales, etc. and just play Bark At the Moon already (the actual first song I learned was Horse With No Name).

As I dug through Rock Band, I began to pick up the basics of building a bass and/or drumline. Clearing (often Gold Staring) tracks on Expert difficulty for all instruments at least taught me the fundamentals. Finally, about 4 years ago, I started trying to take songwriting seriously and it turned out I was pretty okay at it!

Even after all these years of guitar playing, I'm a much better songwriter than I am a musician.

Hey Seymour! If there was any game you would like to experience for the first time again, what would it be?

Quite possibly Journey. Assuming the co-op servers are still populated. It may've been a linear experience, though how you choose to cooperate and communicate with your fellow clothfreak often feels completely dynamic. It was a story that happened only to me and them (I might go into specifics in a later post, when I'm not sleepy).

Ironically, the amazing things that happened on that first playthrough would not happen again. So, perhaps this isn't the best choice. But, that just made my initial experience with Journey something all the more special and truly emotional (also see: lucky?).

Also who's the best girl in Monogatari?

This bitch was the only character that stuck out to me.

Don't you ever make me do research ever again.

I dont have a question, I just love you Seymour.

Suck my dick, daddy-o.

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
And compared to those other folders?

My largest folder (that isn't just a bunch of videos) is "3D MEN" at 3.78GB.

I'm such a naughty scamp.

What do you think of Assassin's Creed Origin & Odyssey? Should Ubisoft follow AC's w/ RPG genre for Prince of Persia reboot?

I've not touched but the opening segments of Origins, but I did like them. Just that opening was more fun than my time with either AC2 or 3. Odyssey, I think is far too bloated of an experience. It's incredibly fun trying to sneak through strongholds and a couple of the sidequests were great, however I can't imagine seeing that story to its completion.

I should get back to Origins. I've not heard those same complaints about it.

Prince Of Persia may never come back as Ubisoft is mostly eyeballing open world games these days. Same reason why Splinter Cell hasn't seen an entry since Blacklist. But, if it were to come back, I'd like it to simply feature 2 or 3 tiny skill trees that unlock new combos or abilities, make it mostly linear, take some minor cues from Uncharted if need be, bring back the time manipulation for puzzles (some mid-platforming), price it at 40-50 bucks. That's my ideal scenario...

... which will never happen. I'll literally eat a hat if Ubisoft announces anything remotely similar to that.

Zalno

Dude who shouts "NYEH!"
Jun 8, 2020
What game do ya want someone to make a spiritual successor to? I'd ask what sequel you'd want, but publishers can't make good games for shit these days.

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
Is there a particular PS2 game that you're proud to have in your collection?

Xenosaga 1-3, for sure. They were pretty expensive and are somewhat tough to find. And Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne, just because it's such an important game within the franchise (much like a Zelda fan treasuring their copy of Ocarina Of Time).

There are some pretty obscure games I've collected and I wish I had my collection on-hand to name drop a couple!