AMA with Xeo. Hit me up.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Surprised this hasn't been done yet on here. Anyway, I'm not much of a trendsetter, but I'll get the ball rolling then. (Many more AMA threads to be had, right?)

So...no holds barred, ask me anything. Can be serious, can be silly, can be clean, can be dirty. I don't care, ask away!

Reactions: RiffRaff

Heat

May 10, 2020
If you could send a video game publisher to the shadow realm, to the abyss of time or to the depths of hell forever, which one you pick?

Xeo

May 10, 2020
If you could send a video game publisher to the shadow realm, to the abyss of time or to the depths of hell forever, which one you pick?
EA. I gain nothing from their existence any longer.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Since this is (well, usually) gaming forum:

Your best worst game?
Your worst best game?
My best game, as in my favorite, or what I'm best at? Hell, I'll just answer both.
Favorite: Chrono Trigger.
Best: Destiny 2

Least Favorite: I...don't know.
Worst: Probably R6 Siege.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
What's your current music obsession?
Power Trip! I got onto the bandwagon a bit late with them, found them while cruising YouTube one night to listen to Warbrginer. And goddamn do I love them. I've also found myself REALLY getting back into my roots of 80's hair metal and 80's metal in general in the past 5 years or so. The New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal really sparked someone in me. And I grew up listening to stuff like Dokken, Great White, Scorpions, Maiden, Priest, Ozzy, Sabbath, Dio, etc. But I just have grown to fondly cherish that stuff so much more in the past few years. As such I've been listening to a lot more of it.

• Love

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Power Trip! I got onto the bandwagon a bit late with them, found them while cruising YouTube one night to listen to Warbrginer. And goddamn do I love them. I've also found myself REALLY getting back into my roots of 80's hair metal and 80's metal in general in the past 5 years or so. The New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal really sparked someone in me. And I grew up listening to stuff like Dokken, Great White, Scorpions, Maiden, Priest, Ozzy, Sabbath, Dio, etc. But I just have grown to fondly cherish that stuff so much more in the past few years. As such I've been listening to a lot more of it.
IDK if I mentioned it to you, but if you enjoy shm'ups, check out Freedom Finger. It uses lots of licensed music for the soundtrack from an assortment of genres. One of the later levels has Power Trip! It's also filled with lots crude and politically incorrect humor. Made me laugh a lot :)

Xeo

May 10, 2020
IDK if I mentioned it to you, but if you enjoy shm'ups, check out Freedom Finger. It uses lots of licensed music for the soundtrack from an assortment of genres. One of the later levels has Power Trip! It's also filled with lots crude and politically incorrect humor. Made me laugh a lot :)
You have, and it's on my radar for sure. I think I'd love it.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
I like your new avatar. What`s it supposed to be? Is it from a comic book?
I'm gonna be honest, I can't quite remember. I think it's from the artist who did the manga Blame! in the late 90's/early 2000s, but I can't quite remember if it's actually from that manga. I've always loved it, and it's drawn in a VERY similar style to the way I draw myself, so I've kept it around. It honestly looks like something I would have drawn myself, not just in style, but also in subject matter. But it's not my own work, that much I know. This comes from a time when I used to belong to several different forums online, and I used it as an avatar at one of those, but I forgot which one and even when. The only reason I still have it around is because I had apparently used it as a Facebook profile picture at some point in time and I just recently noticed it on there as a saved image.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
You need Ningen Isu in your life. It's old school-inspired doom!

I'm familiar with them! They're not too shabby. Though doom metal wise for me it was all about oldschool Candlemass, Cathedral and more importantly (imo) oldschool My Dying Bride. Turn Loose the Swans is probably my favorite doom metal album period. I like some doom now and again, but I often prefer more energy to my metal, which is a big reason why I like thrash so much. It's bursting with energy and heavy riffing.