Ashlyn Reporting for Duty!

Ashlynx664

Jun 23, 2020
Toronto, ON
Hey Hey!! My name is Ashlyn or Ash or Ash Lynx whatever you prefer, I'm a mod for the Destructoid twitch channel and I honestly only really just found out about the whole other community over here after like a year on the twitch channel. I can't believe I'm a mod and I find out I barely know the community I love so much, I think that's a damn shame and I hope that one day we can all unite and be one happy family.

Since I was little I've loved video games and they have always been a big part of my life and I remember spending all my time looking into videogames and I remember reading reviews from Destructoid when I was young, little did I know how big Destructoid would become for me later on. about a year ago my friend sent me a screenshot of a Twitch stream he found on just chatting with a message wtf, it was a creepy-looking ventriloquist dummy on camera doing just chatting, this streamer was Finsettler or Kyle Bloodcurdle, I quickly fell in love with his stream and humor and one day he was on a twitch dating show with a streamer named Nanerboots who I tuned into after a couple of streams she did a campfire with a few friends one of which was someone named Dreezy. after a couple of months Dreezy started streaming for Destructoid and I recognized the name and logo and I got insta-nostalgia.

I started tuning in and I stayed cause I fell in love with the community in chat ( i Mean come on why else would I stay to get my eardrums blown out by Dreezy screaming :p) so that's the story of how a bunch of cosmic coincidences has landed me here, I'm so excited to meet you all and I hope one day twitch and this community can be more intertwined. <3

-Ashlyn

flop

totally wholesome magical girl
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
Welcome, welcome!

Always super interesting to see how folks find this site, to be honest.

Still! Glad you’re here!

Reactions: RiffRaff