Bend me over your tabletop and give it to me (your board game suggestions)

Hlarge4

May 10, 2020
Rhode Island
Can I recommend a card game?

Someone has Died (3-6 players)
"We are gathered here today because SOMEONE HAS DIED-- and YOU want their stuff."

One player plays the estate keeper, and comes up with a person who has died, how they died and what is up for grabs.
Everyone else draws an Identity card, a Relationship card, and two backstory cards, and they each come up with a story incorporating these cards and why they deserve the goods. Next round they can question eachothers stories. Then in the final round they are given one last backstory card and make a final plea.

All the cards will make sure whatever story people come up with are weird.
Like... How does someone make a plea why they deserve a tulip garden with Hulk hands? (actual card)
I dunno but when I played it I said "If you don't give it to me I'll smash it with my Hulk Hands!"
How is it with Just 3? I'll likely never have more than that at the table.

DeScruff

The Giant Rat That Makes All of the Rules
May 11, 2020
The Internet!
How is it with Just 3? I'll likely never have more than that at the table.
I'd say it works out still. I think 4 is ideal, but 3 is still works out great.
Last time I played with only 3 people we tried out some kinda "house rules" like 2 rounds of interrogation, Keeping Objection cards between games.

✨ Matt ✨

Garbage Pail Kid
May 10, 2020
I've heard alot about Dead of Winter. Is it a Legacy style game? I'm all in if it's not. Fallout looks fun. Man, my wife is going to kill me but ive had a good run, so it's ok.
Nope! Each session is entirely self contained.

Palvikinkku

Ambassador of Finland
May 11, 2020
Kankaanpää
Oh boy, my favourite subject!

You can always check my own collection here if you want.

But my recommendation? Tyrants of the Underdark.

Game so good I wrote a piece about it on Destructoid.

But it's fucking good, it's combination of deck building and area of control and it marries both of them brilliantly and it's so tense and great game that why the fuck gale force nine never supported it properly why god i fucking wished it had about four more halfdecks to combine with so i'd have more stuff to play with man it sucks.

But yes, Tyrants of the Underdark is my call.