Changing your Disqus avatar on the site?

Jinx

Jun 9, 2020
So I changed my Destructoid avatar and I changed my Disqus avatar (like it shows up properly on other sites) but I can't seem to change the avatar that shows up in Disqus *on Destructoid* for some reason. Anybody know how to fix this?

Also, weirdly if I leave a window open too long on Dtoid I start posting as my regular Disqus account not my Dtoid account (which is irritating because I can't edit those comments).

• Sad
Reactions: Queen of Philosophy

Jinx

Jun 9, 2020
Are D'toid account avatars still not working for new accounts? Logging on via Disqus atm.
I honestly don't know how this all works. It seems like Dtoid somehow makes my Dtoid account a Disqus account as well, but I also have a second Disqus account that I use for other websites.

Aug 9, 2020
When I created my Dtoid account it automatically created a new Disqus profile. However, I cannot even access the settings of this new account on Disqus page since it takes me to my original Disqus account whenever I try. In short, I'm stuck with that rooster picture and a weird @name 😅 The only "solution" I've found so far is logging out of Dtoid whenever I want to comment/upvote and only logging in when I want to post something.

Jinx

Jun 9, 2020
I just tried logging out of "regular" disqus and then trying to access my Dtoid disqus. No luck. I'm really at a loss. I hate my avatar, it's a really old picture and it's somehow gotten all blurry and compressed over the years, I want to use this one instead.

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
I’ve had an old avatar now for my Dtoid disqus for a very long time. It annoys the crap out of me, but I’ve noticed it affects other users as well.

Cactüs

Swamp Creature that Smells Nice
Jun 30, 2020
So I changed my Destructoid avatar and I changed my Disqus avatar (like it shows up properly on other sites) but I can't seem to change the avatar that shows up in Disqus *on Destructoid* for some reason. Anybody know how to fix this?

Also, weirdly if I leave a window open too long on Dtoid I start posting as my regular Disqus account not my Dtoid account (which is irritating because I can't edit those comments).
I have the same problem and honestly have for years!!