Current reads

DeScruff

The Giant Rat That Makes All of the Rules
May 11, 2020
The Internet!
When my job goes from PreSeason work to the regular job (Sitting around all day handing out keys) hopefully I won't need to watch over a edgy racist 14 year old and stop him from causing trouble again. I will be able to to read on the job again.

I plan to get back into reading Spice and Wolf. I believe I am on volume 6.

Voex

May 19, 2020
Recently finished La Belle Sauvage, the first of the Book of Dust series by Philip Pullman, which I really enjoyed.

Now started reading Neuromancer. I'm into cyberpunk stuff in other mediums but this is my first book, and it's apparently the classic of cyberpunk lit. Sort of liking it so far.

Spaceloaf

Jun 22, 2020
I'm not technically reading these right now because I'm eagerly awaiting the 6th book, but I just want to make a recommendation for Red Rising by Pierce Brown.
It's the first book of a completed trilogy (with a second trilogy currently in progress).

The first book is basically Harry Potter crossed with Game of Thrones, but in a Star Wars setting. It's pulpy in a great way with space battles, political intrigue, 1v1 combat, and once it got going I found it almost impossible to put down. The later books just get crazier and crazier as the conflict grows to encompass more factions.

I highly recommend them if you're in the mood for high-intensity action. They make The Expanse (which is not a bad series by any means) look like a trip to grandma's house.

Dango

May 11, 2020
Queen Anne's Revenge
twitter.com
I'm more than halfway through Mistborn: The Final Countdown Empire. I haven't powered through a thick-ass fantasy book like this since the later Harry Potter novels, so it's been pretty wild to jump back in.

Enjoying it so far, even if it had a very slow start. It's also very relatable how the main characters are absolutely terrible at stealth.