[Game Jam] Announcing the Flaming Hot Jam!

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
flaminghotjam.jpg

This is a follow-up to my recent poll, since I got promising results there! I have created a game jam on itch.io, planned between June 21 and August 21. The goal is to, as a team of the size of your choice, finish and submit a game during this time period.

BUT! It must follow a theme that will be revealed on June 21. The reason why it starts so far from now is to let people form teams and try out various game building tools. Speaking of, I'm planning to post a blog this weekend containing some flaming hot tips! And remember, it's not only for coders -- art, music, voice over, writing are all useful! Even a team lead to set goals in a larger team can be a useful asset.

I'm also giving some money away to charity for each submitted game, so consider joining for free karma ;)

Check out the game jam here!

Reactions: Kevin Mersereau

zatoseyes

May 11, 2020
As a wise dhampir once said: "I'm interested in this."

I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate at this time because life is happening to me and I need it to calm down somewhat, but I'll circle back before 22 days is up. Regardless, I fully support this spicy jam and all the participants. 💓

Reactions: TheBlondeBass

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
As a wise dhampir once said: "I'm interested in this."

I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate at this time because life is happening to me and I need it to calm down somewhat, but I'll circle back before 22 days is up. Regardless, I fully support this spicy jam and all the participants. 💓

Hopefully things calm down on your end!

Reactions: zatoseyes

D-Volt

Haruspex/Menkhu
May 10, 2020
This sounds like fun, but honestly I don't even know how you start making a game jam project. I've never even coded once in my life. Is there like a "Game Jam for Dummies" guide somewhere I could follow just to get a feel for it?

✨ Matt ✨

Garbage Pail Kid
May 10, 2020
Been learning to code and animate over the past four days, and here's the progress I've made so far!

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
Your progress is super impressive so far! Though the sliding around in the video combined with the music is kind of spooky haha.