Not open for further replies.

PhilKenSebben

Lord of Loss
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Cali
DXXwXXUWkAIoQAG.jpg

Welcome to the first forum contest yall. On deck today, we have the Paper Mario inspired Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling for Switch, XB1, and PS4. Wtf is Bug Fables you ask? Let's look at the official blurb:

Small Heroes, Big Adventure! Bug Fables is an adventure RPG following three heroes, Vi, Kabbu, and Leif, as they embark on an epic quest in Bugaria in search of treasure and immortality! The game combines colorful platforming with the heroes' unique abilities as they explore a wide variety of areas in the kingdom. Battles are turn-based and make use of action commands that can enhance attacks.

FEATURES
  • Seven lush chapters of story following the heroes across Bugaria!
  • Traverse vast overworlds that transition into turn-based combat! Use action commands with Vi's Beemerang, Leif's Ice Magic, or Kabbu's Horn to make attacks more effective or block enemy attacks! Turn the tide of battle with the Turn Relay feature to exploit enemy weaknesses with the power of teamwork!
  • Explore unique areas including: The Ant Kingdom, the treacherous Snakemouth Den, the picturesque Golden Hills, The Lost Sands, and Vi's home, the Bee Kingdom!
  • Utilize a cooking system to turn ingredients into items that can help you in battle!
  • Engage in a Tattle System that lets you hear your party interact with each other as they discover all the secrets Bugaria has in store!
  • Over 30 sidequests and 15 optional bosses!
Hot damn that sounds good eh? How do you win? Leave me a comment below telling me your favorite bug and why. Lemme know the system you want it for as well, otherwise I cant pick your comment. Winners will be chosen based on your answers, and I have one copy for each system. Ends 6/5/20 @ 2359 PST. Good luck.

Meursault

May 11, 2020
Winners will be chosen based on our answers? I always thought this shit was random.

Stomach bug.

Switch please.

B-Nix

May 11, 2020
To be different from my entry on the main page, I'll say fireflies. They make summer nights a little more magical.

Switch, please.

Metalhart

May 28, 2020
Hercules beetle. I love beetles because they're badass little samurai but these are the best. They're strong as hell and have a cool horn!
Switch, plz

Goemar

May 20, 2020
Centipede because he

"multiplies and divides
And comes after you from every side;
Faster and faster, row by row
He slides through the rocks to get you from below!"

PS4

EricWeichhart

Kidnapped my Mr. Destructoid. Send cooks!
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Sharing for fun: I'm someone who is usually scared of bugs, and living on a rural area doesn't help haha
But somehow, I always found bees cute.

There were a lot of insects, a lot of them scary (how many times I had to run away from wasps) but if it was possible to pet bees, I would.

Reactions: PhilKenSebben
May 14, 2020
Dragon flies I always find it pretty intresting we go about our day like it isn't much but for a dragon fly that 24 hours is its whole life begining to end. Plus they feel very atompsheric to have a load of dragon flies in a place in a movie or game. Switch please,

It is mad though being born sort of raised learn how to fly eat and do all that other stuff in just 24 hours.

May 14, 2020
I mentioned dragonflies in my website comment so here I’ll say...spiders are one of my favorites :D. Tarantulas look cool but they’re very mean in Animal Crossing o_O.

I’d like a Switch copy please :)
Huh I'm the third person to say Dragon flies seems they have a lot of love here.

PhilKenSebben

Lord of Loss
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Cali
Sharing for fun: I'm someone who is usually scared of bugs, and living on a rural area doesn't help haha
But somehow, I always found bees cute.

There were a lot of insects, a lot of them scary (how many times I had to run away from wasps) but if it was possible to pet bees, I would.

My man.

Arcsurvivor

Jun 1, 2020
United States
Monarch Butterfly. Their migration patterns is a majestic natural phenomena to witness. Monarchs have a built-in compass and a special gene for highly efficient muscles, which gives them an advantage for long-distance flight. They travel through Canada and south to Mexico up to 3,000 miles.

After watching a documentary , I was mesmerized by their beauty and perseverance.

Steam please.

rockman_uli

May 29, 2020
Guayaquil, Ecuador
View attachment 369

Welcome to the first forum contest yall. On deck today, we have the Paper Mario inspired Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling for Switch, XB1, and PS4. Wtf is Bug Fables you ask? Let's look at the official blurb:

Small Heroes, Big Adventure! Bug Fables is an adventure RPG following three heroes, Vi, Kabbu, and Leif, as they embark on an epic quest in Bugaria in search of treasure and immortality! The game combines colorful platforming with the heroes' unique abilities as they explore a wide variety of areas in the kingdom. Battles are turn-based and make use of action commands that can enhance attacks.

FEATURES
  • Seven lush chapters of story following the heroes across Bugaria!
  • Traverse vast overworlds that transition into turn-based combat! Use action commands with Vi's Beemerang, Leif's Ice Magic, or Kabbu's Horn to make attacks more effective or block enemy attacks! Turn the tide of battle with the Turn Relay feature to exploit enemy weaknesses with the power of teamwork!
  • Explore unique areas including: The Ant Kingdom, the treacherous Snakemouth Den, the picturesque Golden Hills, The Lost Sands, and Vi's home, the Bee Kingdom!
  • Utilize a cooking system to turn ingredients into items that can help you in battle!
  • Engage in a Tattle System that lets you hear your party interact with each other as they discover all the secrets Bugaria has in store!
  • Over 30 sidequests and 15 optional bosses!
Hot damn that sounds good eh? How do you win? Leave me a comment below telling me your favorite bug and why. Lemme know the system you want it for as well, otherwise I cant pick your comment. Winners will be chosen based on your answers, and I have one copy for each system. Ends 6/5/20 @ 2359 PST. Good luck.
The italian striped Bug, that looks like a barcode, the motiff of Kamen Rider Decade, one of the best japanese series I saw when I was younger and make me wish to travel to japan! (Which I did last november finally!)
I want a Nintendo Switch code please, I travel a lot!

Attachments

• b6d36f5690bc7e47121e80c52c262152ab8eec884f7870f3a24e24f320eae741.jpg
    b6d36f5690bc7e47121e80c52c262152ab8eec884f7870f3a24e24f320eae741.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 385
Reactions: Meursault

Nishizono

Jun 5, 2020
I love crickets. They are harmless bugs that are mainly nocturnal and the male ones are able to produce chirping songs which are used to attract females. Crickets can be found in most places around the world and they often appear in literature,folklore and myths. There aren't many crickets in videogames,but there is the cricket Pokémon called Kricketune,famous for its funny "DELELELEWHOOP" sound. Crickets are also considered good luck in some countries,such as China. Could their luck help me win a Bug Fables copy for the Nintendo Switch ? Only time will tell.
250px-402Kricketune.png
Field-cricket.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.