Haaaloo

May 11, 2020
Fraxia 112
Howdy,

MajorTomsCoffeeCup here. Started off as an avid lurker of this site and stayed because of how strange it was and the community seemed really cool and fairly laid back, been around for close to 10 years now. Had a disquis account before making the Dtoid variant.

Big lover of music, I enjoy odd experimental stuff, jazz, fusion, funk, rock, some blues, little bit of metal here and there. Throw in some psychodellia and groove and I'm bound to like it. Dig some hip hop and R&B as well, but much more selective about that.

Game wise these days I'm mostly a console peasant, leaning heavily towards Nintendo. Dig the Xenoblade games, monster Hunter, Zelda, and all things From Software. Got a PS4 and a decent gaming laptop (that I use more for music).

I play a few instruments (guitar, bass, drums, pinch of keyboard) and like to record music with friends. Also I am an avid lover of whisky, bourbon, and scotch. Prefer red wine, ales, and the occasional Belgium style brew.

• How did you find Destructoid? Just found it looking for reviews and kept coming back
  • What are your favorite games? Answered this above, but From soft games, xeno games, monster hunters, and Zelda
  • What consoles have you owned? NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, Wii U , Switch. Gameboy, Color, Advance, 3ds. PS1-4. Xbox and 360. Sega Genesis and Dreamcast.
  • What interests do you have outside of video games? Music, psychology, medicine (where me work)
  • What other communities are you a part of? Online? Really just this one , I try to stay quite disconnected from most online circles and communities and prefer to stay very annonymous ;)
Ive already said too much hahah

May 11, 2020
Fraxia 112
Honestly, my favorite red wine is apothic inferno. It's a red blend aged in whisky barrels for 3 months. Fairly cheap, don't need nothing fancy yo.
Not much of a wine snob

I am a weeee bit of a whisky snob hahaha, my favorite is sun Tory Toki, its a Japanese whisky, bit of honey notes with some ginger. Bout $30 for a 750ml bottle. Bourbon wise I really dig bullet bourbon. Regular whisky varies , lephroig (spelling) is a super Petey scotch that is quite good but really expensive in the states.

what kind of whisky have you enjoyed?

Reactions: RiffRaff

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
I've never heard of Apothic Inferno. Sounds really interesting and next time I'm in the States I'm gonna hunt down a bottle. I'm more of a traditional guy when it comes to wine. I love Sardinian wines. If you ever find a Cannonau do give it a shot. Very full bodied. And if you can ever find them Amarone della Valpolicella (from Verona) or as my typical everyday table wine, Morellino di Scansano (from Tuscany), give them a taste. Usually their fairly priced and I have found them easy enough in the States.

For whisky I like me a nice Laphroaig or Macallan. Some Jameson is nice too. I only drink whisky once in a blue moon, but when I do I always enjoy it. It's the only hard liquor I can stand.

Outside wine and whisky, I'm a plain gin and tonic guy :)

Reactions: MajorTomsCoffeeCup
May 10, 2020
Haha, Beauty and the Beast off of the Heroes album ;) At least that would be closest to fav for me
Delightful album, I really love Low but there are too many great songs spread throughout his carreer to mention one, hah. Still need to finish this biograhy I’m which is actually a re released version that was updated with the release of Black Star. The original title From Station to Station to the Next Day was a pretty clever title. I definitely think he’s one of the few artists whom I have consumed the most ouf of including most of the films he’s starred in etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    687.6 KB · Views: 264
Reactions: MajorTomsCoffeeCup
May 11, 2020
Fraxia 112
Delightful album, I really love Low but there are too many great songs spread throughout his carreer to mention one, hah. Still need to finish this biograhy I’m which is actually a re released version that was updated with the release of Black Star. The original title From Station to Station to the Next Day was a pretty clever title. I definitely think he’s one of the few artists whom I have consumed the most ouf of including most of the films he’s starred in etc.
Yeah he has certainly been a constant in my life for at least the past decade. Such a strange and unique body of work that is quite timeless. His music has certainly inspired me in multiple ways, including the most obvious being my frequent references to him. He was an odd enigma haha