Hello everyone, I'm Scott, president of Domino's Pizza!

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
Not really -- I'm Bass! Been a decently active member of the Destructoid community since 2015. Tried a ton of projects on here -- Organizing secret santas, coming up with Dtoid Draws, recapping, working (very) part-time on the Destructoid discord bot. It's been a ton of fun! I try to be as positive as I can, which admittedly is a little harder these days with all that's going on. But we'll pull through. :)
  • How did you find Destructoid?
That was aaaages ago. I used to visit during high school, then stopped, then started again. I can't for the life of me remember why I joined in the first place, though it's probably video games????????
  • What are your favorite games?
Paper Mario 64, Guilty Gear Xrd (casually) and Super Smash Bros: Project M. The first two Paper Mario games are what I find to be the peak of turn-based RPG -- entertaining battles, witty writing, creative worlds to explore. I give the original an ever-so-slight edge because it had less backtracking, but both are games I frequently replay. Guilty Gear Xrd is a game of many memories for me -- playing against Larxinostic, doing the first Destructoid Draws themed around it, etc. But beyond my personal feelings towards it, it's just a blast to play. Finally, Project M is the game that has the most complete package Smash Bros has to offer, with the quality single-player of Brawl tied to faster, Melee-like (but more balanced!) gameplay.

In recent memory, NieR Automata is also up there.
  • What consoles have you owned?
Not that many! Our family jumped from SNES straight to Gamecube, and my first PlayStation machine was a PS3. My first handheld was a PSP (which I regrettably sold, though the Vita does the trick quite well), too. As for what I personally own at the moment: a 3DS, a Vita, a Switch, a PS4 and a Nintendo 64.
  • What interests do you have outside of video games?
I love Magic the Gathering! It's a great blend of strategy of luck, especially in my favorite format -- Commander. 100 cards, all unique, topped by a general of your choice that represents your play style. I like MtG so much, I made cards of other Dtoid people! For example:

(which is a color pie break, I know)

I also like enjoy writing! I contributed to Dtoid's front page for a little while, and otherwise write blogs (though infrequently). My last big project was the Bass Awards, which I've shilled a little, and I started writing some sci-fi that'll take me way too long to finish!
  • What other communities are you a part of?
None! I posted a few times on Reddit, and that's the extend of that. Got a few top comments on LoadingReadyRun videos. I know you're impressed, there's no need to clap.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Quèbec is a beautiful city! I got to visit when I was a teenager, and while my memory of my time there is a bit hazy, I do remember having a great time :)

• Love
Reactions: TheBlondeBass

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
I am definitely no expert on the topic haha. Most of the poutine I get comes from a fast food chain (Ashton). That being said, the best poutine I've ever had personally was during Poutine Week, at a restaurant called Baton Rouge. Delicious ribs on top with delightful sauce too, but alas, it was a limited time recipe.

If you're ever around University Laval, one of the cafeterias there has amazing poutine. Not the one for engineering students, much to my dismay, but the medicine one.

Reactions: MajorTomsCoffeeCup
May 11, 2020
Fraxia 112
I am definitely no expert on the topic haha. Most of the poutine I get comes from a fast food chain (Ashton). That being said, the best poutine I've ever had personally was during Poutine Week, at a restaurant called Baton Rouge. Delicious ribs on top with delightful sauce too, but alas, it was a limited time recipe.

If you're ever around University Laval, one of the cafeterias there has amazing poutine. Not the one for engineering students, much to my dismay, but the medicine one.
I was planning a Montreal trip with some friends before this whole COVID thing happened, wanted to get drunk and fuck with some poutine

DeScruff

The Giant Rat That Makes All of the Rules
May 11, 2020
The Internet!
Yeah! Were you expecting a more recent date? ;)
Actually the opposite. Granted it always kinda surprises me when I find out someone joined after me. I guess I just start seeing them and forget when I first started seeing them and just assume they were always here.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
I met my wife through a chance game of Magic online. And then one more in person. As such, we fittingly named our son Jace. (After my favorite Planeswalker.) Though neither of us have played in years. I started back with Ice Age, with my friend's older brother agreeing to teach me how to play if I showed him I was serious by saving up money to buy a starter deck.

TheBlondeBass

No longer virtual
Robot
May 10, 2020
Québec
Turns out cool things can happen with in-game messaging! Congrats to you two :)

Have you ever played Commander? Your older cards could be very playable there!

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Turns out cool things can happen with in-game messaging! Congrats to you two :)

Have you ever played Commander? Your older cards could be very playable there!
Yeah, when Commander first became a thing we played it a lot actually. We liked the Nemesis decks they did for a while too. Which felt like the old Raid decks from the World of Warcraft TCG (That was a thing and it was excellent before Hearthstone killed it.)