Hello Fellow Humans

meanderbot

May 11, 2020
Hi all. I think some of you know me. Drawer of cat girls. Maker of stickers. Perpetual victim of Calculus. Doesn't actually play video games.

• How did you find Destructoid?
Probably through a search engine. It's been awhile. Lurked for a year or two, and finally created an account and tried to be social after resolving to go to PAX, and hoping I could make enough of an impression in several months to be able to hang with the cool Destructoid kids there.
  • What are your favorite games?
I guess I would have to say Mario and Zelda games. In a time when I'm playing fewer games, those two always get me to make time. I'm also a sucker for roguelikes, generally. I suppose the short play circles work for me.
  • What consoles have you owned?
Damn near every Nintendo console, a Genesis, 3 Playstations and 2 Xboxes. I also have a PSP that I only ever played FF9 on, haha.
  • What interests do you have outside of video games?
Lots. Drawing is a big one. It's very satisfying to have a hobby that I can do anywhere, since just staring at my phone is starting to disgust me. I have a short attention span, so I like to use all sorts of mediums. Currently it's water soluble graphite. Trying to work up the nerve to try watercolors again. Markers are neat too. Occasionally charcoal. Digital frustrates me.

Really big into photography. Every few weeks I turn my bathroom into a darkroom.

Got my knee fixed last year, so I've been trying to get back into skateboarding. Now that my eyes are fixed, I can maybe do more than kickflips.

Love cooking. Today I cooked some fresh pasta I made about a week ago, and later made caramel sauce. Yesterday I made blueberry muffins. Almost every weekend I bake bread.

Generally tinkering on a computer.

• What other communities are you a part of?
Actively, not much. If you find a Meanderbot, it's probably me.
Runescape, I guess?

Also, AMA. It's been awhile.

I should make a print again.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
I love cooking myself (I'm an ex-chef of 20 years but still cook up a storm at home as a hobby). If you ever need pasta recipes or cooking tips (no baking though, that's my Achilles' Heel), I'm your man :)

Who's your favorite artist?

meanderbot

May 11, 2020
Do you know why my pasta roller jams up when I use the spaghetti cutter attachment? Is my dough too moist? Too soft?

My favorite artist right now is Andrew Mar. He does a bunch of illustrations. He's done stuff for D&D and MtG, but what I really like is the character art he does in grayscale with ink and markers. Also monster girls.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Do you know why my pasta roller jams up when I use the spaghetti cutter attachment? Is my dough too moist? Too soft?

My favorite artist right now is Andrew Mar. He does a bunch of illustrations. He's done stuff for D&D and MtG, but what I really like is the character art he does in grayscale with ink and markers. Also monster girls.
It could be that yes, your dough is too moist. Try dusting the roller attachment with flour and sprinkling a little flour on your dough as you feed it in. Should help, especially with pasta recipes that have egg in them.

I'm vaguely familiar with Andrew Mar, will definitely look into more of his work :) I love that old school, red box D&D art :)