How do we transfer 17 years of GameFAQs karma?

D-Volt

Haruspex/Menkhu
May 10, 2020
It was also used for Wii U Pro Controllers!

You're right. I completely forgot about that. I have a black one of those too. Might be one of my least favorite controllers ever.

Both analog sticks at the top? Horrible idea. Digital triggers with the least travel known to man? Really unsatisfying to press. So lightweight it feels like a cheap toy? Not cool, man. Only thing it really had going for it was the excellent battery life (which I'm happy to say was retained with the Switch Pro Controller).

Love the Switch Pro Controller though. Possibly my favorite controller ever. At least Top 3.

May 10, 2020
I somehow got by without ever making a GameFAQs account. Somehow!
17 years ago was 2002... I was 16. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time. They had a music forum that was pretty snobby which I loved, and I seem to remember being an obsessive Animal Crossing forum poster.

May 10, 2020
Music snobs are one group I really can't stand anymore, haha! I used to be pretty elitist when it came to metal. But oh god, it's so, so tiring to be so judgemental all the time! How do people have the energy for such things?!
Yup. Those days are over. I'm still a snob about certain things, but these days that snobbery is my internal logic about what I do and don't like - I keep it all to myself. The one snobby thing I still say about music though is that I can't stand when people reach a certain age in their life and stop looking for new experiences. They just listen to the same 10 albums they liked when they were 22. That bothers me for some reason. There's sooooo much out there. So fucking much. I fall in love with a new band once a week for fucks sake.

DeScruff

The Giant Rat That Makes All of the Rules
May 11, 2020
The Internet!
17 years ago was 2002... I was 16. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time. They had a music forum that was pretty snobby which I loved, and I seem to remember being an obsessive Animal Crossing forum poster.

2002 was a seriously different time. I remember joining in 2005 to ask if anyone could solve a stupid word puzzle from Megaman Battle Network 5...
"Double 1 & nine too tonight makes eleven... Was that it?" (The answer is an 8 digit number)

May 10, 2020
I mean, it's still full of info about every game ever made. Does it not come up on Google anymore? I don't post there at all these days, but it's still a great resource.

Reactions: Lawman

vxxy

Huggable Mascot Character
May 11, 2020
Arendale
Yeah I still use it for the occasional walkthrough but the rest of the site...I’ve never used the forums myself.

✨ Matt ✨

Garbage Pail Kid
May 10, 2020
I mean, it's still full of info about every game ever made. Does it not come up on Google anymore? I don't post there at all these days, but it's still a great resource.
Honestly I never really have the need to look that kind of stuff up in Google. Most of the stuff I need is on HLTB, Steam Discussions, Reddit, or YouTube now. So it would make sense that I wouldn’t come across it all that often.

Dr. Mel

Level 33 Elite
May 11, 2020
It got absorbed into GameSpot.

I love how it's this old txt dump of GAME WISDOM. (not the forums, the guides lol)