I have waited for this day...

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
Oh how I have waited for the forums to make a return... and that leads into how I first found Destructoid. I was tinkering with the internet features of my PSP and discovered Retroforce GO. I fell in love with that podcast and still listen to it from time to time. (I have every single episode on my phone) Soon after, I made an account, but lurked. It wasn't until venturing into "The Basement" called the forums that I started becoming more social on this site.

That was... wow, more than 10 years ago. Now to finally confess something: One of the rules of the forum back then was you had to make an introduction. I never did. I just snuck in. I lived with that guilt every day of my life.

Favorite Games? I am terrible with favorites for anything!! But anything Souls. All of it. No games since my childhood had compelled me to play them obsessively and learn every little detail like Dark Souls and Bloodborne. And Sekiro has the best swordplay I have ever experienced in a game.

Outside of video games, I am into music. As mentioned in the Avatar origin thread, I am a musician. I play Double (Upright) Bass and a little bit of bass guitar. I've played in several symphony orchestras in the past (Favorite symphony is Sibelius Symphony 5) and freelance quite a bit. Now I mostly teach on the side. (My actual job involves school attendance and clerical work)

Last edited:

CelicaCrazed

May 10, 2020
Canada
www.instagram.com
Wait, you could just sneak in to the old forums!? I was always terrified of putting a target on my back, assumed you'd get thrown out for not complying lol.

I had no idea you were a high level bass player. Pretty cool!

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Turbokill

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
Wait, you could just sneak in to the old forums!? I was always terrified of putting a target on my back, assumed you'd get thrown out for not complying lol.

I had no idea you were a high level bass player. Pretty cool!

Thanks for sharing!

The trick was to distract em with free lube or something. I dunno. Never really had problems there. I definitely like that today's crowd is a lot more outgoing, though.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
I actually kind of just slinked into the old forums as well. I don't think anyone ever got to know me well back then. That didn't happen until years later when I started regularly posting comments at the site.

Cockaroach

Jun 8, 2020
Oh how I have waited for the forums to make a return... and that leads into how I first found Destructoid. I was tinkering with the internet features of my PSP and discovered Retroforce GO. I fell in love with that podcast and still listen to it from time to time. (I have every single episode on my phone) Soon after, I made an account, but lurked. It wasn't until venturing into "The Basement" called the forums that I started becoming more social on this site.

That was... wow, more than 10 years ago. Now to finally confess something: One of the rules of the forum back then was you had to make an introduction. I never did. I just snuck in. I lived with that guilt every day of my life.

Favorite Games? I am terrible with favorites for anything!! But anything Souls. All of it. No games since my childhood had compelled me to play them obsessively and learn every little detail like Dark Souls and Bloodborne. And Sekiro has the best swordplay I have ever experienced in a game.

Outside of video games, I am into music. As mentioned in the Avatar origin thread, I am a musician. I play Double (Upright) Bass and a little bit of bass guitar. I've played in several symphony orchestras in the past (Favorite symphony is Sibelius Symphony 5) and freelance quite a bit. Now I mostly teach on the side. (My actual job involves school attendance and clerical work)
Nice to meets!

Hello fellow lover of basses and Souls, were we separated at birth?