I just ordered an Xbox One X. Post essential backwards compatibility titles ITT.

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
Looking forward to playing (much of) my 360 library in a higher fidelity + framerate!

So far, I'm itching to try:

Whether it's original sexbox or a new sexbox, what games would you recommend?

Zalno

Dude who shouts "NYEH!"
Jun 8, 2020
A few others I'd highly recommend. I can't find a decently-sized image for it, but SSX 3 is also one of my favorites (even if it's from EA).

Reactions: Seymour Demonica

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
A few others I'd highly recommend. I can't find a decently-sized image for it, but SSX 3 is also one of my favorites (even if it's from EA).

Are downloadable games "BC" (referring, specifically, to SF)? Because I desperately have been wanting to play the original 'Splosion Man again for years. Are they available through the marketplace?

Oooooo. I heard that was the best one, yes? I remember playing the original and really enjoying it. Though, the last skateboarding game I was heavily into was Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (genuinely is probably my favorite TH game).

Not even kidding: One of the finest puzzle games out there. Would love to play it again! ... though, I thought it was removed from the marketplace?

This was the first game I got when I finally bought an X1S. Top-notch writing. And the short story segments are actually written by an award-winning Japanese novelist.

This is the one about the guy who's immortal? I was really into it until I found the idea of an "immortal" being dying in combat. heh. Guess it's moreso fainting than dying. I may have to try it again.

Zalno

Dude who shouts "NYEH!"
Jun 8, 2020
Are downloadable games "BC" (referring, specifically, to SF)? Because I desperately have been wanting to play the original 'Splosion Man again for years. Are they available through the marketplace?

Absolutely! I just purchased Soul Calibur II HD Online on my Xbox One, which was released for the XBLA on the 360 several years ago. Plays just fine! <3

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
The Mas Effect Trilogy
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise (it's included on the Rare Collection, which is an insane value)
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Oblivion

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
The Mas Effect Trilogy
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise (it's included on the Rare Collection, which is an insane value)
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Oblivion

Forgot about Rare Replay! 😮 Gonna give that a spank with my money.

Morrowind on One X is like, 4K/60FPS. It's ridiculous.

I remember when I tried Morrowind on the OG Xbox, it had incredibly spotty/clunky combat. I think it was something to do with the hit detection? Or perhaps the freedom of movement (or lack thereof).

I'm more than willing to see about a second attempt, but if it's anything like how I remember it, I may have to forgo that classic. Which is a shame, because I had, before then, heard only fantastic things about it.

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
Curious:

If 360 downloadable titles are available through the XB1 marketplace, does that mean DLC for 360 games is also available through said marketplace? Would have ME1-3 jump to the very top of my list (only barely touched ME3 after enjoying ME1 and loving ME2).

And, just so I'm 110% clear... my 1080p TV will still output games at 60fps on an XB1X (where applicable), yes?

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
Curious:

If 360 downloadable titles are available through the XB1 marketplace, does that mean DLC for 360 games is also available through said marketplace? Would have ME1-3 jump to the very top of my list (only barely touched ME3 after enjoying ME1 and loving ME2).

And, just so I'm 110% clear... my 1080p TV will still output games at 60fps on an XB1X (where applicable), yes?
You can definitely play the DLC through back compat!