I'm that guy from that place and that one time. No not him. Not that guy either.

LaserPirate

Frequently confused
May 10, 2020
Hello all, my name is LaserPirate. I, uh... don't usually know what to say when introducing myself. I've lurked at this site for years but only created an account not too long ago. I like long walks, laughing at disgusting and disturbing imagery and I guess video games. I have 4 kids so video games are rarely in the picture. I do like playing for 15 minutes and then getting into internet arguments about them, though.
  • How did you find Destructoid?
I was googling butt plugs one day and came across an interesting article. Nah, I think I was just reading reviews on an obscure game or something.
  • What are your favorite games?
Sonic 2, Mario World and 3, Final Fantasy Tactics, Ogre Battle (All of them!) Pretty much every classic Capcom game... the list goes on.
  • What consoles have you owned?
In order of ownership- Sega Genesis, Game Gear, N64, Gameboy Colour, XBox, Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PS Vita, 3DS, Wii U, DS Lite, GBA SP, GCN, Switch, PS4 Pro.
  • What interests do you have outside of video games?
These days I just spend most of my time outside of work with my family but I love Martial Arts movies, the campier the better. I've practiced numerous traditional Martial Arts, and I've been really lucky to live in city with access to some pretty obscure stuff; Loong Ying, Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, Baji Quan, Shorinji Kempo and Goju Ryu karate with the only Master Level teacher outside of Japan of Tou'on Ryu Karate. I used to play fairly high level Rugby, a lot of my team mates and friends went on to play for Team Canada.
  • What other communities are you a part of?
I used to post on Kotaku before I forgot my username and password and never bothered again.

Anyways, I'm a pretty easy going guy, I live in a boring town on an island for newlyweds and nearly deads in Pacific Canada and if you ever want to throw a bad joke at me I will laugh inappropriately and steal it for my own use, thanks!

LaserPirate

Frequently confused
May 10, 2020
you sure sounds like someone who can kick some ass! did you win something by fighting, a beltl? a trophy? a human skull with gemstones embedded?
Oh man, a human skull embedded with gemstones would be a dope centre-piece for my coffee table.
Nah, although I've used it practically, I've never been much for competitions.

Reactions: RiffRaff

LaserPirate

Frequently confused
May 10, 2020
I knew you had kids but not sure I knew you had four! How are you so calm all the time!? Haha

What position in rugby did you play?

Thanks for sharing!
Loose head prop mostly. I filled for 2nd row and occasionally hooker when needed.