Looking for gaming buddies for Jackbox or Halo

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
Hello friends!

I'll be honest with you. Quarantine is starting to get to me. I really need some social interaction. I'm looking for people to play some games with! I have 2 ideas, but I'm open to other games. I do have Xbox live and Nintendo switch online. I don't have ps+ and I don't pc game.

On Xbox, I would love to play some Halo with people. If anyone would be down for playing some master chief collection, that would be awesome. Hell, I'll even play some Halo 5 if someone would like. I do have game pass (and I own a bunch of other games), so I'm open to other online games as well. Oh, and I just bought far Cry 4 if anyone would like to play some co-op there.

My other thought is to do a Jackbox party pack online with as many of you as would like to play. I've never done it before. But I think I could stream the game on twitch or mixer. Or maybe even YouTube (I've never streamed before, but I'm sure I can figure it out). We'd still need audio though. I suppose we could do discord? I'm totally open to suggestions here.

I just would really like to spend some time gaming with some cool peeps. Let me know if you're interested or have suggestions!

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
I don't have an xbox and the only online games for Switch I have is Smash and Mario Maker 2. I'm also not the most talkative person when gaming either so.....
If somehow we could make the time zones work out one day.

Reactions: Boxman214

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
I don't have an xbox and the only online games for Switch I have is Smash and Mario Maker 2. I'm also not the most talkative person when gaming either so.....
If somehow we could make the time zones work out one day.
I don't really play Smash. Mario could be fun! I haven't really played it online. Don't know much about how it works unfortunately

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
I don't really play Smash. Mario could be fun! I haven't really played it online. Don't know much about how it works unfortunately
I played a couple times online and the lag was.... not good. I was playing against randoms though. Maybe playing with someone on the friends list will go better.

It's just really a race to the end of a random level. Could be fun if we got 4 of us.

May 10, 2020
Do you remember how you did it? I assume someone streamed it. Did you all connect any audio?
We chatted through Discord, though you can do that through PSN party chat as well if everyone has that. I got Jackbox on both PS4 and Switch., I stream it via Twitch then had everyone sign in via their devices on jackbox.tv

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
I played a couple times online and the lag was.... not good. I was playing against randoms though. Maybe playing with someone on the friends list will go better.

It's just really a race to the end of a random level. Could be fun if we got 4 of us.
That would be great chaotic fun

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
We chatted through Discord, though you can do that through PSN party chat as well if everyone has that. I got Jackbox on both PS4 and Switch., I stream it via Twitch then had everyone sign in via their devices on jackbox.tv
That sounds pretty simple. And I think a ton of the dtoid regulars have discord, so that would probably be fine for the audio. I'll have to get a twitch account and see if I can get a stream going.

Boxman214

World's Okayest Chef
May 10, 2020
I wrote a blog explaining the plan! Basically, we're playing tomorrow (Saturday the 30th) at 11:00 am Pacific Daylight Time.

Here is a blog with all the salient info:

Reactions: FakePlasticTree