PS5 Megathread

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020
Just pre-ordered the physical edition console.

Holding off on games until I'm sure I have all the money together and Sony provides more info on compatible SSDs

Reactions: JuIc3

modern_moron

Jun 11, 2020
Probably not a bad idea. I knew I was going all in on Demon’s Souls before it even came out.
Oh yeah, that's probably gonna be the first thing I pick up once the console arrives.

I've been itching for more Souls since Sekiro failed to satisfy me.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Can't wait, man! I know we've discussed it a bit on the normal site, but yeah. Physical edition pre-ordered along with Demon's Souls and the Pulse 3D Headset. I paid off the headset and Demon's Souls. I have $330 sitting on the console itself, so I need to finish that off and my copies of AC: Valhalla and Cyberpunk. I've been trading stuff in over the weekend, still got a lot of ground to cover, lol. I may have to start actually selling some of my rarer games.

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
You do what you gotta do, right? I’m planning on writing a blog about The whole situation sometime, kinda funny really.

In other news, it looks as if data from GameStop suggest that only 33% of the consoles they are selling are digital only. Sony is clearly pushing the physical drive, which makes sense to me. I’m not so sure they are profiting on that digital only console.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
You do what you gotta do, right? I’m planning on writing a blog about The whole situation sometime, kinda funny really.

In other news, it looks as if data from GameStop suggest that only 33% of the consoles they are selling are digital only. Sony is clearly pushing the physical drive, which makes sense to me. I’m not so sure they are profiting on that digital only console.
If there is ever an option for physical media, I'll almost always take it. Furthermore, if there's ever a version of something with more possible useful options, I'll almost always take it.

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
Okay, so I spent awhile building up credit and got myself a really high credit line now... So I splurged big time. Like, I feel bad.

Pre-ordered the PS5 with disc, got Demon's Souls and Miles Morales Ultimate. Also got the Pulse 3D headphones. I remember loving their Gold headphones years past, so that was also on the list.

Oh and a 3080....sold my 2080 to help.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Okay, so I spent awhile building up credit and got myself a really high credit line now... So I splurged big time. Like, I feel bad.

Pre-ordered the PS5 with disc, got Demon's Souls and Miles Morales Ultimate. Also got the Pulse 3D headphones. I remember loving their Gold headphones years past, so that was also on the list.

Oh and a 3080....sold my 2080 to help.
Yeah, I splurged on the Pulse 3D as well, because well, my headset is old and shitty. Only one ear works, and my TV's speakers aren't great. So this is the only way I can get nice sound, or ANY surround sound period.

Reactions: Turbokill

Dango

May 11, 2020
Queen Anne's Revenge
twitter.com
Calling it:

God Of W5r is gonna use the instant-loading thing to have Kratos flash back to fighting Zeus during the opening battle against Thor. They'll have similar attacks because they master the same element, so the battle can switch seamlessly between the two.

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
Yeah, I splurged on the Pulse 3D as well, because well, my headset is old and shitty. Only one ear works, and my TV's speakers aren't great. So this is the only way I can get nice sound, or ANY surround sound period.

I know the feel. I feel like I get more audio detail from headphones anyways.

Also neighbors.

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
I used the credit card as well. Gonna save up and pay down at pickup. I only got a system and Demon’s Souls. I’ll need to grab PS Plus again as well for multiplayer and to get the PS4 collection.

modern_moron

Jun 11, 2020
I wish Sony would let me make small payments instead of one big $500 charge on release day.

I guarantee my bank flags it as suspicious because they like to do that once every 5 years for no particular reason.

Reactions: Turbokill and JuIc3

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
I wish Sony would let me make small payments instead of one big $500 charge on release day.

I guarantee my bank flags it as suspicious because they like to do that once every 5 years for no particular reason.

$500 is a solid chunk. To Microsoft’s credit, the All Access plan is really convenient and a great option for those that want to spread payments out. Perhaps we will see Sony try the waters of financing options at some point.

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
In other news, I’ve seen a few reports that Sony has oversold their units for the PS5. As such, consoles will likely be sent out in waves. If you preordered early, you’ll likely have it within the first week (if not day 1). If not, it’ll likely be anywhere from 2 weeks after launch through December. Again, all just speculation and whatnot.

JuIc3

Jul 5, 2020
Kansas City
A few sites are reporting concerns about the PS5’s SSD.

The issue isn’t the SSD itself, rather the fact that it is soldered to the motherboard, thus making it irreplaceable.

Nothing to be too concerned about, but all SSD’s do have a lifespan, and can become inactive after so much data is used up. We’re talking 600 TB worth of data, but still.

Will be interesting to see how things are holding up 7-10 years down the road.

modern_moron

Jun 11, 2020
Uncertain if I'm getting a PS5 next week.

Got a separate email from Sony that my payment info was invalid (yet failed to specify what about it was invalid) and I couldn't find anything wrong with what I'd entered, so I entered it all again.

Support claims I have nothing to worry about and the email was "sent to everyone"

🤔

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Uncertain if I'm getting a PS5 next week.

Got a separate email from Sony that my payment info was invalid (yet failed to specify what about it was invalid) and I couldn't find anything wrong with what I'd entered, so I entered it all again.

Support claims I have nothing to worry about and the email was "sent to everyone"

🤔
Strange. Good luck, man. I hope it works out for you.

modern_moron

Jun 11, 2020
Strange. Good luck, man. I hope it works out for you.
It feels similar in a sense to the time Best Buy support told me they'd charge me a second time for a game they accidentally shipped me twice if I didn't send it back (Straight up LIES)

Just gotta wait and see what happens now.