Spare Steam Keys

May 14, 2020
I got 3 Steam codes out o' this thread so now I got 3 Steam codes to give back.

Hitman 2
GRiS
Raiden V: Director's Cut

Iffin' ya want one o' them just lemme know. Always happy to give back to the community.
By Hitman 2 do you mean the most recent one or the older Hitman 2?(This is why reboots need some type of small heading/title in them!)If nobody elsw wanted Hitman 2 I wouldn't mind giving it a shot but I would need to dounle check if it would run at all on my laptop though no idea how demaning a game it is.

Well I googled Hitmans 2 graphics options and it seems you can't even change the level of detail for refelections or stuff. I will leave the game probably run like crap in that case for me hopw whoever else gets it enjoys it though.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020
Okay, since I got two codes, I thought I should offer up some of my spare codes too. After checking turns out I have way more than I thought I did. These are all pretty old, but if they were expired I think Humble would have said so.

2064: Read Only Memories [taken]
AI War: Fleet Command
Beat Hazard Ultra
Conan Exiles
Day of the Tentacle
Else Heart.Break()
The Escapists 2
Girls Like Robots
Guacamelee Gold Edition
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition
Guns of Icarus Online
Hand of Fate [taken]
Human Resource Machine
Invisible, Inc. [taken]
Mini Metro
Monster Loves You
Mushroom 11
No Time to Explain
Nuclear Throne
Pathologic Classic HD
Potatoman Seeks the Troof
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
Sproggiwood
Stronghold Crusader 2
Subnautica
Subsurface Circular
Super Galaxy Squadron EX
Super Hexagon
Super Meat Boy
The Surge [taken]
System Shock Pack (SS: Enhanced Edition and SS2)
Thirty Flights of Loving
Tower of Guns
Victor Vran [taken]
VVVVVV
World of Goo
Wuppo
Oh thats some really intresting games there. I'm finding it hard to pick between Subtanica or Else Heart Break(for those who have no tried it (I tried a bit of it) I would say despite its many issues it is a intresting game but you do have to be able to accept its issues. Should run on alkost anything too. Also Thrirty Flighta of Loving looks like a cool little game, tried a bit of Mushroom 11 before and it was a cool little creative puzzle game.

I guess if I am to pick one I would like Subtanica please. I did the whole Epic games buy refund thing so I know it runs fine on my laptop.

If anybodys intrest I have a lost below of the games there I would reccomend tryung out of all the ones listed.

Beat Hazard,
Day of the Tentacle Remastered,
Else Heart Break,
The Escaptis 2,
Guacmelle,
Human Resource Machine,
Mushroom 11,
No time to Explain,
Pathlogical HD,
RocketBirds,
Super Meat Boy,
Super Hexagon,
Thirty Flights of loving,
VVVV,
World of Goo,
Subtanica.

Roager

Rogue Ogre
May 11, 2020
(This is why reboots need some type of small heading/title in them!)

In this case, they actually made the reboots distinct specifically by NOT having a subtitle. Hitman: Codename 47 is the original and Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is the sequel. The reboots (which technically aren't 'reboots' per se, they mostly ignore the older games but it's not a separate continuity) are simply Hitman and Hitman 2.

Tomb Raider, Twisted Metal, Prince of Persia, and Doom, however, have no excuse.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020
In this case, they actually made the reboots distinct specifically by NOT having a subtitle. Hitman: Codename 47 is the original and Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is the sequel. The reboots (which technically aren't 'reboots' per se, they mostly ignore the older games but it's not a separate continuity) are simply Hitman and Hitman 2.

Tomb Raider, Twisted Metal, Prince of Persia, and Doom, however, have no excuse.
Yeah I googled it up after I metioned it and realised the old one actualy has Silent Assain in its title. Its just going to makw it more and more awkard in the future to try ti google those games to see what they are like without it getting mixed up with the original game

Roager

Rogue Ogre
May 11, 2020
Yeah, the closest thing I've found to a solution is just tagging release years onto the title. Prince of Persia 2008, Doom 2016, etc. It mostly works but isn't ideal. "Hitman 2 2018" is extra awkward, but tbh I mostly pretend that there were no Hitman games before Blood Money.

At least we have wikipedia to help keep it straight.

D-Volt

Haruspex/Menkhu
May 10, 2020
By Hitman 2 do you mean the most recent one or the older Hitman 2?(This is why reboots need some type of small heading/title in them!)If nobody elsw wanted Hitman 2 I wouldn't mind giving it a shot but I would need to dounle check if it would run at all on my laptop though no idea how demaning a game it is.

Well I googled Hitmans 2 graphics options and it seems you can't even change the level of detail for refelections or stuff. I will leave the game probably run like crap in that case for me hopw whoever else gets it enjoys it though.

I mean the newer Hitman 2. Like, Hitman 2 (2018). No season pass sadly, but the base game is pretty damn meaty as it is if you enjoy challenging yourself to complete assassinations in creative ways.

Lexingtongue

Jun 8, 2020
Lovely gestures by you guys here. Will keep my eyes peeled for future offers. (y)

As an aside, I have a NA copy of Anthill on Switch which I can't use as I'm in Europe.

Whoever wants it is welcome to help themselves:

C06F6CX7N25J8JKM

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin Mersereau

Kevin Mersereau

Top Nep Impersonator
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
Tiger Mountain
www.destructoid.com
Lovely gestures by you guys here. Will keep my eyes peeled for future offers. (y)

As an aside, I have a NA copy of Anthill on Switch which I can't use as I'm in Europe.

Whoever wants it is welcome to help themselves:

C06F6CX7N25J8JKM

This is super nice of you! It’s worth noting that the Switch is region free though, and it only takes a few minutes to create a North American account. You can even play it on your regular account once it’s downloaded.

Lexingtongue

Jun 8, 2020
This is super nice of you! It’s worth noting that the Switch is region free though, and it only takes a few minutes to create a North American account. You can even play it on your regular account once it’s downloaded.
Thanks, Kevin. I'll have to look into that region fix. Any links that I can use to read up on it? As for Anthill, I won it but don't really have any desire to play it so I'm quite happy to leave it up for someone else to enjoy.

Reactions: Kevin Mersereau

Kevin Mersereau

Top Nep Impersonator
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
Tiger Mountain
www.destructoid.com
Thanks, Kevin. I'll have to look into that region fix. Any links that I can use to read up on it? As for Anthill, I won it but don't really have any desire to play it so I'm quite happy to leave it up for someone else to enjoy.

Chris Carter has a pretty solid rundown of it here.

https://www.destructoid.com/guide-h...and-buy-games-on-nintendo-switch-421947.phtml

You basically just go to the site, create an account (make sure to choose the proper country and use a different email), then create a new user account on your switch, and link the two accounts.

Once it’s all set up, you just login to the eShop on that account, redeem/download the game, and then you can play it on any other profile on your Switch too.

Reactions: Lexingtongue

Scrustle

May 11, 2020
Okay, since I got two codes, I thought I should offer up some of my spare codes too. After checking turns out I have way more than I thought I did. These are all pretty old, but if they were expired I think Humble would have said so.

2064: Read Only Memories [taken]
AI War: Fleet Command
Beat Hazard Ultra
Coffee Talk (US Switch)
Conan Exiles
Day of the Tentacle
Else Heart.Break()
The Escapists 2
Girls Like Robots
Guacamelee Gold Edition
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition
Guns of Icarus Online
Hand of Fate [taken]
Human Resource Machine
Invisible, Inc. [taken]
Mini Metro
Monster Loves You
Mushroom 11
No Time to Explain
Nuclear Throne
Pathologic Classic HD
Potatoman Seeks the Troof
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
Sproggiwood
Stronghold Crusader 2
Subnautica [taken]
Subsurface Circular
Super Galaxy Squadron EX
Super Hexagon
Super Meat Boy
The Surge [taken]
System Shock Pack (SS: Enhanced Edition and SS2)
Thirty Flights of Loving
Tower of Guns
Victor Vran [taken]
VVVVVV
World of Goo
Wuppo

Added Coffee Talk, but this is a US Switch code instead of a Steam key.

May 14, 2020
I've always wanted to try System Shock if there is still a key for it available.
It hasn't aged well is all I will say. Tried it on Gog before can defintely see its a game that brought a lot of new stuff to gaming. Well worth a try even from just a history seeing part. Imo Deus Ex holds up a lot better for a game that was influcential and still somewhat fun to play now.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
I've always wanted to try System Shock if there is still a key for it available.
Always a good idea to hit that reply button on the post that has the game you'd like. That way the person who posted the giveaway gets a notification :)

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020

Cleaning up some old Humble Bundle stuff, heres youse goes:

PS3 Keys:

• Final Fight Double Impact
  • Lost Planet 3
  • Okami HD
  • Remember Me
  • Devil May Cry HD Collection (unsure if this one is redeemed or not. Key is revealed on my Humble account, but I don't own a PS3)
  • Mega Man 9 & 10 (same deal as DMC)
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
  • Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3
Wii U Keys:
  • Affordable Space Adventures
  • Darksiders 2
  • Freedom Planet
  • Runbow
  • Shantae & the Pirate's Curse
  • Swords & Soldiers II
  • Olli Olli
  • Sportsball
  • Steamworld Dig
Steam Keys:

• Hiveswap: Act 1
  • Immortal Planet
  • Crimsonland
  • FOTONICA
  • Neverending Nightmares
  • Secret of the Magic Crystals Complete
  • Strata
  • Impire
  • Magicka
  • Magicka: Horror Props Item Pack
  • Magicka: The Other Side of the Coin
  • Magicka Wizard Wars Paradox Playtpus Robe
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Bridge
  • Monaco: What's Yours is Mine
  • HOARD
  • Strike Suit Zero
  • Reus
  • Batman: Arkham Origins DLC
There's more for Origin, and 3DS, but I don't have time to post all of them right now.

Shoot me a DM

First come first served. Apologies if any of these don't work for any reason. Been sitting on them for a while.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RiffRaff

Nior

Scrublord Extraordinaire
May 17, 2020
Brazil
I got 3 Steam codes out o' this thread so now I got 3 Steam codes to give back.

Hitman 2
GRiS
Raiden V: Director's Cut

Iffin' ya want one o' them just lemme know. Always happy to give back to the community.

Hey if no one claimed it yet, I'd love to have Raiden V! Shoot me a DM if that's still available, and thanks a bunch in advance 😄

Reactions: D-Volt

D-Volt

Haruspex/Menkhu
May 10, 2020
Added Coffee Talk, but this is a US Switch code instead of a Steam key.
If no one's claimed Coffee Talk for Switch, I'd love to claim it. I heard a lot of good things about it from a friend and have had it on the wishlist for a while now.

D-Volt

Haruspex/Menkhu
May 10, 2020
Of course I can't just ask for more keys without giving some, so I've got a few more to offer. I accidentally forgot to pause my Humble Choice subscription for the month of June, so I have some unwanted Steam keys to hand out. Aren't you all lucky?

GRID Ultimate Edition [Claimed]
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
The Messenger
Felix the Reaper
The Stillness of the Wind
Boundless
Remnants of Naezith
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 War Chest Edition

You know the drill. If you want one just reply to this post and I'll shoot it to you via DM.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiffRaff

Scrustle

May 11, 2020
Of course I can't just ask for more keys without giving some, so I've got a few more to offer. I accidentally forgot to pause my Humble Choice subscription for the month of June, so I have some unwanted Steam keys to hand out. Aren't you all lucky?

GRID Ultimate Edition
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
The Messenger
Felix the Reaper
The Stillness of the Wind
Boundless
Remnants of Naezith
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 War Chest Edition

You know the drill. If you want one just reply to this post and I'll shoot it to you via DM.

Sorry, but Coffee Talk is taken.

But could I have Grid please?

Reactions: D-Volt