Steam Summer Sale: Share Your Purchases and Reccomendations!!!

Derpunkel

Jun 8, 2020
Italy
I'm looking at Agents of Mayhem, it always seemed better than it got credit for. Doom 64 for cheap is a nobrainer. There's a few others I'm considering, like Red Faction: Guerilla and Distance. We'll see what I end up sticking with.

I didn't want to want Spin Rhythm, but now I do.

Also Mount and Blade Warband is $5 and if you don't have it just get it. Ive put 20-30 hours into it in about a week and I'm barely getting started. I can't believe I'm this late to this party. (I can totally believe it)
Think of Saint's Row mixed with Crackdown. I'm playing it on PS4 and I'm enjoying it,it gets kinda repetitive but you have a lot of characters with different playstyles to mix it up a bit

Reactions: PhilKenSebben

Flubious

Jun 30, 2020
I'm way behind on this but Injustice 2 Legendary Edition is TOTALLY worth $18. Grabbed Gang Beasts too because that shit is silly fun.

Jun 9, 2020
UK
I thought this was a joke but then I was shocked to see Battlefield 1 on there, and yes okay Tittyfall 2 is on there too. What an age in which to be alive.

Yeah, EA added a bunch of their bigger games, mostly multiplayer, a week or so ago.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
In the end I bought Shadow Tactics, Mark of the Ninja HD upgrade, Trails of Cold Steel, and Tales of Berseria. Getting my weeb on!
Thinking of picking up Trails in the Sky while it's pretty cheap. Played about an hour of ToCS to make sure it works and all and I don't need to refund and I quite enjoyed it and was thinking to play the previous games after I finish it. What say you guys?

PhilKenSebben

Lord of Loss
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Cali
In the end I bought Shadow Tactics, Mark of the Ninja HD upgrade, Trails of Cold Steel, and Tales of Berseria. Getting my weeb on!
Thinking of picking up Trails in the Sky while it's pretty cheap. Played about an hour of ToCS to make sure it works and all and I don't need to refund and I quite enjoyed it and was thinking to play the previous games after I finish it. What say you guys?

I need to get my weeb on. Couldnt find any weeb shit I wanted under $10 tho.

Jun 9, 2020
UK

Shadow Tactics is really good, I had that back when it released. It's basically Commandos, but without the need to save-scum constantly. Think there's a Japanese audio option too? Which is neat.

I need to get my weeb on. Couldnt find any weeb shit I wanted under $10 tho.

Ask Firion or Bright, they'll probably be able to suggest some good weeb games from the sales.

PhilKenSebben

Lord of Loss
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Cali
Shadow Tactics is really good, I had that back when it released. It's basically Commandos, but without the need to save-scum constantly. Think there's a Japanese audio option too? Which is neat.

Ask Firion or Bright, they'll probably be able to suggest some good weeb games from the sales.

I have my eye on a couple, but money be tight and they dont fall in my budget. Unless someone wants to trade with me, Im tapped for this one. Not a complaint at all. Got plenty to play.

Just in case anyone is interested tho, I have copies of X4: Foundations and the new Terminator fps/wannabe fallout game. Would happily trade both for a copy of Persona 4.

Nior

Scrublord Extraordinaire
May 17, 2020
Brazil
Boy where do i even begin? This was a very good sale for me.

Shoot Em Ups:

Escathos: Spiritual successor to Judgement Silversword. Fast paced gameplay and a banger of an OST.
Mecha Ritz: Underrated bullet hell with an impressive adaptive difficulty and lots of ships.
Raiden IV: It's Raiden, you know what to expect.
ZeroRanger: Honestly, one of the best I've ever played. Up there with Ikaruga, easy. Recently got a new update with buttloads of content.
Crimzon Clover: A bullet hell to rival the likes of DonPachi and Mushihimesama. For 80% off it's a goddamn steal.

Other stuff:

Bayonetta. Classic Platinum action.
Titanfall 2: fuck yeah!
Dandara: A Brazilian made metroidvania with a unique movement system and lots of cultural references. Will definitely write about it soon.
Spark the Electric Jester 2: The Sonic Adventure 3 that never was. Also made in Brazil
Blade Strangers: Underrated indie crossover figther.

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020

-Legend of Bum-Bo
-BoI: Afterbirth+ (already close to 100% on Switch. decided to get it on PC for the hell of it. still find it shitty the + expansion is only available in a bundle. feels like I'm getting ripped off)
-Fallout 4 pretty much just so I can build virtually limitless settlements
-that Conan MMO so i can dickslang with my childhood best friend
-Cortex Command: had it wishlisted for years, but was concerned about the mixed reviews. played for 10 minutes and i hate it.

PhilKenSebben

Lord of Loss
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Cali
Boy where do i even begin? This was a very good sale for me.

Shoot Em Ups:
ZeroRanger: Honestly, one of the best I've ever played. Up there with Ikaruga, easy. Recently got a new update with buttloads of content.
Crimzon Clover: A bullet hell to rival the likes of DonPachi and Mushihimesama. For 80% off it's a goddamn steal.

Other stuff:

Bayonetta. Classic Platinum action.
Titanfall 2: fuck yeah!
Blade Strangers: Underrated indie crossover figther.

A man of culture, I see.

Reactions: Nior

D-Volt

Haruspex/Menkhu
May 10, 2020
I also ended up grabbing Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord (though I technically got it from the Humble Store because my Humble Choice subscription has a 20% extra discount. But it's a Steam key and the normal sale price is the same as on Steam, so I'll count it as a Summer Sale purchase).

Love it. Huuuuge improvments over the original (never got into Warband or its expansions) and with the big patch they dropped on June 18th it's way more playable. Still has a long way to go, especially as far as performance goes, but so far so good. Considering I couldn't even run it properly 2 months ago (bought it and refunded it in May) that's some impressive work by the devs.

Reactions: modern_moron

✨ Matt ✨

Garbage Pail Kid
May 10, 2020
I bought Final Fantasy XV, the original Dead Space, and Siege because my friends kept pestering me about it since we haven't been able to hang out IRL what with all the, uh, Big Sick(tm) going on.

PhilKenSebben

Lord of Loss
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Cali
I bought Final Fantasy XV, the original Dead Space, and Siege because my friends kept pestering me about it since we haven't been able to hang out IRL what with all the, uh, Big Sick(tm) going on.

I keep wanting to get FFXV but damn... that 100gb install deters me, everytime.