Vice & Virtue - Mortal Kombat 11 fanfic

Aug 9, 2020
So, after years of beating about the bush, meditating on possibilities and all that stuff, I finally wrote a fanfiction! As a writer, I thought it was important to focus on this project for two reasons: first, to practise working with established characters and worlds (even though I took some creative liberties); second and even more importantly, to practise my prose writing in English. Since I`m not a native English speaker but I`m planning on living (and working, obviously) in an English-speaking country, I must put fear aside and start improving my writing. This is the first story that I write in English from beginning to end (there are two screenplays as well but those are slightly easier) and I know it must have tons of flaws and things that could've been done better but I learned a lot from this exercise, so I'm happy!

It's a fanfiction based on the Mortal Kombat 11 story but focusing on Ashrah, my favourite character from the franchise and one that's being ignored by NetherRealm since Armageddon (since Deception, really...). I pursued a more "intimate" narrative instead of going all brawls and blood - it does have some gruesome moments, of course!

So, if any of you is interested in taking a look at the fanfiction, I posted it at Archive of Our Own:
Thank you all!

Ashrah(2).jpg

Reactions: CelicaCrazed

CelicaCrazed

May 10, 2020
Canada
www.instagram.com
Gave it a download and will read it in the coming days. Congrats on F I N I S H I N G I T!! Looks like it was a big project, taking more than a few months to write. I'm so out of the loop with the MK series so I'll be checking out vids of 11 to get the characters right.

Reactions: Queen of Philosophy
Aug 9, 2020
Gave it a download and will read it in the coming days. Congrats on F I N I S H I N G I T!! Looks like it was a big project, taking more than a few months to write. I'm so out of the loop with the MK series so I'll be checking out vids of 11 to get the characters right.
Oh, thank you! I hope you enjoy the reading :D It took me a while, yes (especially because of the long breaks I took haha) but also I didn't want to spend too much time on this, since it was just my first project and practising English was my main goal. There are 14 chapters but they're rather short.

Don't worry too much about MK 11! My fanfic follows mostly Ashrah and Stryker, two characters that weren't even in the official game, and their storyline is quite different from anything shown in the game. If you want, I'd recommend you to give a quick read on those two characters (and Nightwolf). Kronika and Cetrion, two characters introduced in MK 11, I believe/hope are fairly explained in the fanfic, so nothing to worry about :D

And again, thank you for taking the time to read!

CelicaCrazed

May 10, 2020
Canada
www.instagram.com
Oh, thank you! I hope you enjoy the reading :D It took me a while, yes (especially because of the long breaks I took haha) but also I didn't want to spend too much time on this, since it was just my first project and practising English was my main goal. There are 14 chapters but they're rather short.

Don't worry too much about MK 11! My fanfic follows mostly Ashrah and Stryker, two characters that weren't even in the official game, and their storyline is quite different from anything shown in the game. If you want, I'd recommend you to give a quick read on those two characters (and Nightwolf). Kronika and Cetrion, two characters introduced in MK 11, I believe/hope are fairly explained in the fanfic, so nothing to worry about :D

And again, thank you for taking the time to read!
Awesome! Yeah I'll take a look at those characters.

Also maybe qpost about this, I think a lot of people still aren't in the habit of checking the forums since they're still kind of new.

Aug 9, 2020
Awesome! Yeah I'll take a look at those characters.

Also maybe qpost about this, I think a lot of people still aren't in the habit of checking the forums since they're still kind of new.
Oh, thanks for the heads up! I'll leave it just here for now as I'm also new and don't know seem "intrusive", especially with a project which quality is not the best haha

CelicaCrazed

May 10, 2020
Canada
www.instagram.com
Oh, thanks for the heads up! I'll leave it just here for now as I'm also new and don't know seem "intrusive", especially with a project which quality is not the best haha

Hey just wanted to let you know I finally got around to reading this. Sorry it took so long. It was an incredible read! You're a very talented writer. I'm a little more out of touch with the MK lore than I realized but it was still a great story to follow along.

• Love
Aug 9, 2020
Hey just wanted to let you know I finally got around to reading this. Sorry it took so long. It was an incredible read! You're a very talented writer. I'm a little more out of touch with the MK lore than I realized but it was still a great story to follow along.
No problem! I truly appreciate that you took the time to read - and even better that you liked the story :D I actually think it might've been good to not be so "attached" to the MK lore. I'm sure many die-hard fans wouldn't find this story so appealing x) Thank you very much for the feedback and kind words! 💜