What's Good in that Itch.io Bundle

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
I'm sure by now you all have got the Itch.io bundle for Racial Equality. If not go get it (https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality), offer ends June 16th.

There's over 1,000 game in the bundle and ain't no one got time to try all them out. What do you all suggest we all check out?

I'm highly recommending the fantasy basketball RPG Pyre and marvelous platformer Celeste.

Reactions: Kevin Mersereau

RolanberryPrins

Aggressive Crybaby
May 10, 2020
Death and Taxes has been really fun. I downloaded a bunch of the TTRPGs and I'll be going through them. But the instant-install video games for me were: Death and Taxes, Wheels of Aurelia, A Short Hike, The Stillness of the Wind, Pendula Swing, Wide Ocean Big Jacket, Signs of the Sojurner and Overland. Of course, SO MANY GAMES were added after my initial download spree I haven't sifted through them again.

and if you want my reccs for tabletop games check out Lancer, Blades in the Dark, FONT, Glitter Hearts and Troika! I'm only reccing those games I've looked through or played though there's a lot on my to do list.

RolanberryPrins

Aggressive Crybaby
May 10, 2020
I keep seeing Blades in the Dark get mentioned, why is it so good/important?

It's like dishonored: the tabletop game

Expanded: Blades is a great intro to playbook-style games - it's accessible but very different from your gygaxian d20 games. So it's a good "aahh, I don't have to play those types of games if I don't want to" moment for a lot of people. It allows for more open-ended creativity - you can build things, do things without a rigid rules framework. BUT ALSO you can get into some crazy shenanigans. Blades has some great mechanics - you make a team with your party and you get a lair you can upgrade for bonuses. On the GM side, clocks are amazing for building tension and just keeping track of things - very much a "oh DUH" moment for me. GMs are also encouraged to start things in medias res and flash back when necessary so there isn't a whole lot of puttering around. It also has very strong "visuals"/style - you instantly know the kind of game you're playing instead of just generic fantasy that puts everything on the GM/Party. I definitely feel its worth playing a one shot of to see if you like it.

RolanberryPrins

Aggressive Crybaby
May 10, 2020
Non-game in that bundle, a productivity manager/ kanban board app called Tape. Very lightweight and aesthetically pleasing. It pleases me. Check it out if you have shit to do.

May 14, 2020
I actualy both Underhero on sale on the eshop only a few days before the bundle came out and I got it for €11 something. Great little game try it out battle system is suprisngly fun actualy. Oneshot is looking cool too.

I remeber hearing about Long Gone days ages looks pretty good and nearly out of early access.

Older ones like They Bleed Pixles and Deer God look good.Super Slime Arena seems like it might be a dumb little fun multiplayer game.

I guess for you it has that Catlertal game in the bundle,loot rascals looks great Tonight we Riot looks like it may be good.

Feel Night in the Woods is ome of the few games that really nails the mood its trying to convey,lennas inception might be a cool little game.

Reactions: RiffRaff