What's in your earballs today?

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Unlike my music recommendation thread, here I want to know what you're really into right now, today.

I've been listening to the new Caligula's Horse album, Rise Radiant, pretty much non stop since it was released last Friday. Very, very solid record. Can't say if it's better or worse than previous works because I don't care for quantifying artistic endeavors in that way (usually), but after about 15 spins so far I'm still really engaged.
I really like CH because they not only have a great, percussive prog rock sound but also have positive and uplifting lyrics and sound that don't venture into cheesy territory. Their music makes me feel good, and isn't that one of the big reasons well all like music :)
Anyhoo, here's the lead single from the record.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Currently been listening to Hybrid Nightmares. They're an Australian progressive/melodic black metal group that creates sci-fi concept albums. Said albums often involve a timeless space obelisk responsible for the demise of countless civilisations. Really catchy stuff.

It helps that while their music is great, they themselves are very tongue-in-cheek. I mean I've got a shirt of theirs inspired by goddamn Evangelion. Kvlt as fvck.

Australia really has a damn fine prog scene going lately, don't you? :)

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
Got some Galaxy Buds+ in mine. I thought the Jabra Elite Actives were the premiere* true wireless bud, but damn are these nice. Also Airpods look stupid. Like instead of holding a cigarette on your ear, you decided to just stick it in your ear. * (non $200+, sorry Sony/Sennheiser)

... Oh, music?

Haven't listened to much today, but I appreciated this monstrosity:

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
My issue isn't with their comfort. Straight up never tried one. I just think they look horrible, and even if I were to get over the looks, they don't have an Android app. I have an S20 Ultra, so the Galaxy Buds seemed like a no brainer replacement for my Jabras.

I almost got the Sony ones, but they looked less comfy and exercise appropriate. Luckily, I don't have major issues with noise, so just having buds in is good enough for me.

Heat

May 10, 2020
i dont really have a musical preference anymore. I listen whatever, from jazz to punk, from andean folk music to russian rap, from japanese vocaloid artists to latin rock.

But sometimes my filthy weeb side dominates everything, so i been listening a lot to a japanese pop/electronic band called Suchmos. Its pretty chill.

• Love
Reactions: RiffRaff

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Weirdly, I find Apple's earphones to be surprisingly comfy!

Though now I'm using a nice set of Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones. My god, they are absolutely lovely. And the noise cancelling has made going out far, far more tolerable.

I have issues with noises coming from many, many different sources. So food courts and shopping centres make me deeply uncomfortable. Noise cancelling kinda fixes all of those problems.

So yeah. Noise cancelling headphones. Maybe one of the best purchases I've made in recent years as far as overall mental health is concerned!

Weirdly, I have no troubles with concerts. But that's mostly one overwhelming wall of noise and a crowd who's all there for the same reason. So I'm far more at ease.
Noise cancelling headphones is the best purchase you can make!!! I got the wonderful gift of tinnitus for my 40th birthday this year and it suuuuuuuucks! Cause: years of abusing my ears. Anything you can do to keep that volume down is clutch! And wear earplugs to concerts. I was a dumbass and didn't, now I'm paying for it. Don't make the same mistakes as me :)

Occams

Resplendent Black Grandmother
Staff member
Robot
Feb 14, 2020
Little work from home music from a great Youtube channel called Neotic.

• Love

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
Noise cancelling headphones is the best purchase you can make!!! I got the wonderful gift of tinnitus for my 40th birthday this year and it suuuuuuuucks! Cause: years of abusing my ears. Anything you can do to keep that volume down is clutch! And wear earplugs to concerts. I was a dumbass and didn't, now I'm paying for it. Don't make the same mistakes as me :)

As a musician, I recommend these earplugs. Bought em before a show where all the musicians are packed like sardines, and I'm directly in front of the drumkit. Not only could I block out the sound, but I could isolate what I was playing much easier

When I tried plain earplugs, I had difficulty playing. Couldn't hear my pitch very well.

Screenshot_20200526-125557_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Love

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
As a musician, I recommend these earplugs. Bought em before a show where all the musicians are packed like sardines, and I'm directly in front of the drumkit. Not only could I block out the sound, but I could isolate what I was playing much easier

When I tried plain earplugs, I had difficulty playing. Couldn't hear my pitch very well.

View attachment 349
Definitely buying these!!!

Reactions: Turbokill

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Back on an Aesop Rock kick again. Listened to the Malibu Ken album like 3 times today.....
Love this video and song.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Man, I haven't listened to ZZ Top in years. I love that the guy in the band with no beard has the surname 'Beard' lol.
It's one of the best facts about the band, right? I fucking LOVE ZZ Top, one of my absolute favorite rock bands. Just some fellas who love music, sex and cars. Nothing wrong with that. Billy Gibbons is also one of my favorite guitarists, the dude just exudes the definition of "cool" to me, and if I could describe his style in one single word is would be "smooth".