Xbox 360 turns 15!

jtotal

Jun 9, 2020
Columbia, MO
I've been seeing articles all this month about console release anniversaries and noticed not one about the 360.

This was probably my most personally hyped console I've ever purchased. From around July of 2005, just outright filtering any and all information to be Xbox 360 only (this is how I never heard of Guitar Hero until I randomly stumbled upon it through a year-end awards article for PS2). To standing in front of Best Buy for 14 hours, developing a comradery amongst the other people in line for food and bathroom breaks. To finally picking it up and taking it home, to only play Kameo for 5 minutes and absolutely pass tf out. Two weeks later, a local video game store called Cool Stuff (man do I miss Virginia Beach) had plenty of games for 35-40 bucks already, and I picked it nearly clean.

I can't think of a time I was this obsessed with a console to this level. Sure, I waited in line at the same store the next year for the Wii, but it didn't feel the same. The Switch was literally bought by just being at the right place at the right time. Strolled into a Walmart an hour before midnight, and was 8 out of 8. This was a level of hype that I never experienced before, and like with the Wii, can't quite replicate ever again.

Cactüs

Swamp Creature that Smells Nice
Jun 30, 2020
I have to agree, the 360 felt very next gen to me, in a way only the dreamcast has matched. I was a big OG Xbox fan so I was VERY ready for it's launch. My friend got one at midnight as well, I waited a month or two like I usually do for consoles. Also just realized the similarities between Kameo and Shantae heh.

Reactions: jtotal