Your top showings from the PS5 reveal event

May 10, 2020
I'm just happy this remake is happening, period. It shows Sony and or From Software are listening to the hardcore audience as well.
As I understand it, From Soft aren’t involved, Blue Point and Studio Japan are doing this remake so let’s hope they can match the design and combat philos of From. I hope they do have some of the game designers to oversee things at least.

May 10, 2020
I was excited for Demon’s Souls, I’m glad Jason Schrever was indeed right on the money. I also love Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 018 so I’m all kinds of excited for Hitman 3. I‘m liking the look of games like Kena and Stray as well.

Xeo

May 10, 2020
As I understand it, From Soft aren’t involved, Blue Point and Studio Japan are doing this remake so let’s hope they can match the design and combat philos of From. I hope they do have some of the game designers to oversee things at least.
Yeah, they did a great job on the Shadow of the Colossus remaster. It seems in good hands. But that's why I'm not so sure if that final Archstone is going to be addressed now, and if it does, why I'm a bit skeptical of the quality that will ensue.

Derpunkel

Jun 8, 2020
Italy
The only thing that really caught my attention making me think "I want to play this" is Ghostwire Tokyo. What really amazed me is the gran turismo 7 graphics

Edit: oh and demon's soul too but I'd play that on a toaster too

Oridan

May 11, 2020
I wanna play Kena: Bridge of Spirits! It looks so cute!

I'm also interested in the Kitty in a robot world game, and the Astronaut and the Mecha-Magical Girl game.

And I love how Devolver made "Nina Struthers" from their wacky e3 presentations their representative in that little developer people montage at the end. That made me chuckle when I noticed.

Reactions: Seymour Demonica

Turbokill

May 12, 2020
Some people out there are getting super nitpicky about Demon's Souls ("it belongs in a museum!"), but I'm more concerned about how it feels than any model or lighting changes. It looks so freaking good even if it's not 100% faithful to the original art direction. I just hope it plays well too.

Replying 16 days later, but I really dig that they're seemingly going for a more natural ambiance.

As in, instead of just a sepia filter shader or something, they're letting the actual designs of the environments speak for themselves. (If that makes any sense.) The PS3 wasn't capable of having too much detail in the environment as compared to the PS4 and PS5, so I imagine the filters really were more of a low-cost solution for adding ambiance to the worlds.

Look at the difference between them walls. Mmm. They're both full of ambiance but achieved in different manners. I think the remake is going to be more than fine.