YouTuber Recommendations

16BitBlastProcessing

Staff member
Robot
Apr 22, 2020
Did any of you folks ever watch Judgement day back on Tech TV/G4? Remember Victor Lucas from that show? Remember Electric Playground? Well it's back if you don't know. Victor is back and he's still one of the best at what he does, in my opinion.

Another massive inspiration to me, no doubt. I love going back and watching older episodes, in general.

Reactions: Seymour Demonica

Startyde

Jun 8, 2020
I enjoy long-form video game deep dives from a variety of content creators. I'm gonna cherry pick a few and drop them below and hope they reach people who don't know who they are.

Tim Rogers worked for Kotaku for a long while, but I never really followed him until I saw this review for FFVIIR. It is 3 hours long and it's time well spent.

Sphere Hunter covers mostly survival horror games. She has a pleasant voice and uses it to give overviews of the games she covers.

Grim Beard covers a lot of semi-obscure stuff, tending toward horror-themed adventure games and the like. This was the video that first got me into his content, and it basically saved me from ever having to play Harvester so that's a bonus.

For a less gaming-related channel, maybe check out Scaredy Cats? They have humorous takes on horror movies. They're not all as cheesey as Phantasm, but this one is pretty recent because Phantasm is a summer movie. Everyone knows this.

Just wanted to thank you for mentioning Grim Beard. I honestly think he's one of the most underrated YouTuber's ever and should have a million subs. He's the first person I ever supported on Patreon.

Reactions: zatoseyes

AllCutUp1136

Jul 4, 2020
Not really a YouTuber suggestion, more of a YouTube topic/meme suggestion...
Anyone else hear of these Australian brothers who own this channel called XtremeGamez? It's all like "giveaway" crap (there's no evidence that anything has been given away from the channel), the brothers are always hyper and screaming at the top of their lungs. Like, it's all young people YouTube bait. 6.29 million subscribers atm, but whatever.

So in 2018, they came out with this video saying they were both dying... one of kidney failure (really sucks, but last I checked, not fatal), and the other of... vertigo (...what?)??? It sounded sketchy at the get-go, tons of other YTers called them out for it. I've just been obsessed watching videos about it.

Here's a series of videos Leon Lush did about them. And I recommend checking out more of his stuff, I just love deep dives into weird stories/internet culture.

Zalno

Dude who shouts "NYEH!"
Jun 8, 2020
A lot of the recommendations here are super good! I've already subscribed to a bunch of those channels, but lemme add a few more.

If you're into anime at all, I'd highly recommend Mother's Basement. He recently did a video about how Yu--Gi-Oh morphed from a shonen battle anime focused on games into a merchandizing machine.

There's a smaller channel I watch that does a series of videos of a Pokemon tabletop RPG session. If you like Pokemon and D&D-type stuff, check out the Pokemon Tabletop Adventures series. They're currently in their second season called The Road to Victory.

I'd also like to recommend KrealTube. This channel has a real early Adult Swim vibe with the sorta-review-sorta-walkthrough-sorta-sketch shows. Either way, I find them really funny.

zatoseyes

May 11, 2020
If you're into anime at all, I'd highly recommend Mother's Basement. He recently did a video about how Yu--Gi-Oh morphed from a shonen battle anime focused on games into a merchandizing machine.

The Yu-Gi-Oh! episode is great. I would also recommend the Dragon Ball Evolution video from him. Not only can it save someone from watching an awful movie, it's also hilarious.

Reactions: AtomicBanana

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com

After watching this from j aubrey (another 60 Minutes Australia-type YT commentator/reporter) has made me realize what a flawed though effective genius Kanye really is. Put an interesting spin on his affiliation with Trump that I can sympathize with, but still vehemently disagree with (as both the optics and impact outweigh whatever his intentions might've been).

Reactions: AllCutUp1136

AtomicBanana

Technically the best. Literally the worst.
May 11, 2020
The Yu-Gi-Oh! episode is great. I would also recommend the Dragon Ball Evolution video from him. Not only can it save someone from watching an awful movie, it's also hilarious.

I still go back to his PSA episodes occasionally. The harem one still leaves me in stitches.

AllCutUp1136

Jul 4, 2020

After watching this from j aubrey (another 60 Minutes Australia-type YT commentator/reporter) has made me realize what a flawed though effective genius Kanye really is. Put an interesting spin on his affiliation with Trump that I can sympathize with, but still vehemently disagree with (as both the optics and impact outweigh whatever his intentions might've been).
Yo, I just watched this. It was fantastic, thanks for the recommendation!

• Love

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
Not really a YouTuber suggestion, more of a YouTube topic/meme suggestion...
Anyone else hear of these Australian brothers who own this channel called XtremeGamez? It's all like "giveaway" crap (there's no evidence that anything has been given away from the channel), the brothers are always hyper and screaming at the top of their lungs. Like, it's all young people YouTube bait. 6.29 million subscribers atm, but whatever.

So in 2018, they came out with this video saying they were both dying... one of kidney failure (really sucks, but last I checked, not fatal), and the other of... vertigo (...what?)??? It sounded sketchy at the get-go, tons of other YTers called them out for it. I've just been obsessed watching videos about it.

Here's a series of videos Leon Lush did about them. And I recommend checking out more of his stuff, I just love deep dives into weird stories/internet culture.

I actually just recently watched The Right Opinion (the bloke that I linked in the OP) talk about them.

And I also watched a "YouTube culture" video on Shane Dawson that was uploaded a couple days ago.

The presenter is fucking cute.

However, I had no idea that Shane Dawson was THAT bad. I knew bad. Even yikes bad. But, he's now go directly to jail bad in my eyes.

Reactions: AllCutUp1136