Favorite Song from Your Favorite Band/Artist

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Man..... Opeth, Mastodon and Baroness are my holy triad of actual bands.
I had a ticket to Opeth (3rd time), and one to see Clutch (for the first time), but COVID hit... And now I am just waiting for 2021...
We're going to get along just fine lol :)

I was able to see Opeth for the 6th time a couple months before the lockdown and it was such a great show. They finally played Harlequin Forest!!!!
And Clutch holds the record for band I've seen the most times (17!). They used to play a dive bar where I lived in NJ when I used to live in the States. Between Pure Rock Fury and Robot Hive/Exodus I must have seen them 10 times lol.
Opeth fixed a show here in Milan, Italy for next year and they'll be playing in a fancy theater with seats :) Definitely going to be going to that!
Now I just need Steven Wilson to reschedule his date in Milan which got canceled.
I'm definitely missing live music.

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Amazing song!
A good handful of years ago I got to meet Baroness (was doing an interview with Pete for my now-defunct metal blog) and I asked him what EULA stood for and he said 'I don't know man. I guess End User License Agreement. You'll have to ask John.'
I never got the opportunity to ask John. But when I did watch the show and they played EULA (this show was the tour right after their accident), man was there so much energy and emotion put into the song. And yeah, after the band's effort put into that piece mixed with the lyrics and 2 of the members near-death experience, end user license agreement does sound fitting for the song.

Fendibull

May 24, 2020
Question: Is this thread turned into What are you listening right now? Because I am fucking tempt to post another video.

Scrustle

May 11, 2020
I suppose I have something of a confession to make in regards to this topic. I haven't really bothered to explore music that much for quite a long time now, and most of the stuff I listen to these days is game soundtracks. So that means a lot of the bands I used to think of as a favourite at the time (Scar Symmetry, SOAD, Persefone, etc.) I've kind of moved on from, even if I still like them. And as for newer stuff, I can't really justify calling them my "favourite" because either I haven't explored their full discography as much as I should (Igorrr), or I'm not familiar enough with the surrounding context of bands to say this one in particular is definitely the best (Caligula's Horse), even if I still think both are brilliant. That said, I suppose there is one exception to all this; one who has remained through all the years. Devin Townsend. But Nekro already posted him so I think I'll pick something from an older favourite for the sake of variety.

Consciousness (pts. 1&2) by Persfone.

SolidVercetti

Jun 10, 2020
Mega-City One, USA
Great topic! I'd like to cheat a bit and list two. Part of the beauty of music is when I find something new that really rocks me. Blows me away and I'm like, yes, I'm glad this music is in my life now. Lately for me that's been 80s j-rock and metal that I didn't know about. This band Make-Up has really knocked my socks off.

For all time, if I have to pick a fav, I go with Motorhead. My fav band, and here's my usual favorite from them:

• Love
Reactions: RiffRaff