A new member appears!

Cygnus Rush 961

Apex Hitter and Tire Eater
Jun 9, 2020
Tacoma, WA
Hello everyone, Cygnus Rush 961 here. I just thought I 'd put some roots down into the new Detructoid forums. I was a bit of a lurker of the Destructoid website proper before I decided pull the trigger and make an account both there and now here.

Here's a list of a few things about me:
  • Systems that I own/owned are NES (OG not the top loader), N64, GameCube, PSP (1000, 3000), DS (OG and Lite), 3DS (OG and New 3DS XL), PS Vita (1000 & 2000), Nintendo Switch, PC
  • Favorite games genres are racing games such as Need For Speed and platformers such Sonic. I am willing to try other genres such as JRPG's like Xenoblade Chronicles 1 & 2
  • Build Gunpla models
  • Volunteer at the LeMay Car Museum (Pre-COVID-19)
  • Video game industry claim of fame for me is that I actually talked to a visitor from Turn 10 Studios while I was on shift at the museum I volunteered at (Pre-COVID-19)
  • Outside video games and museum volunteering I am interested in Anime, Photography, Music, Reading, watching Movies
That's it for now, feel free to ask me anything within reason.
Forza Horizon 4 Screenshot 2020.04.17 - 17.39.49.75.png

Last edited:

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Welcome to the dark, seedy underbelly of Dtoid! Nice to see you over here.
What a couple of your favorite books, films, and records?

Cygnus Rush 961

Jun 9, 2020
Tacoma, WA
Favorite books for me are Tolkien novels such as The Hobbit & The Lord of The Rings. Favorite films are Rush and Star Wars (Pre-Kennedy). Favorite music AC/DC and George Thorogood & The Delaware Destroyers.

Cygnus Rush 961

Jun 9, 2020
Tacoma, WA
The only proper Burnout that I've played was Burnout Paradise on the PC. That one was treated like the redheaded stepchild by EA as it didn't get many of the add-ons that the console versions received (i.e. Big Surf Island) until the remastered version. I picked that one up for cheap due to how EA soured my experience with the original version.

PhilKenSebben

Lord of Loss
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Cali
The only proper Burnout that I've played was Burnout Paradise on the PC. That one was treated like the redheaded stepchild by EA as it didn't get many of the add-ons that the console versions received (i.e. Big Surf Island) until the remastered version. I picked that one up for cheap due to how EA soured my experience with the original version.

The correct answer is Takedown or Revenge. But, due to your views on EA, I will permit your existence. ;)

• Love
Reactions: RiffRaff

Cygnus Rush 961

Jun 9, 2020
Tacoma, WA
I think the reason EA can't remaster Revenge is they are lacking in personnel that are familiar with Takedown and Revenge. Most of Criterion's former staff are either no longer involved or jumped ship to Three Fields Entertainment, those are just two possibilities.

Reactions: PhilKenSebben

PhilKenSebben

Lord of Loss
Staff member
Robot
Apr 15, 2020
Cali
And on that note, really excited for Dangerous Driving 2. Grabbed the first one for a fiver in the current epic sale. Damn fine.

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
Hello, my dude! Just make sure to deal with our butt-touching.

My industry claim to fame is that I actually had a lovely conversation with Nina Struthers of Devolver Digital at PAX South 2016 (I think it was), that awesome lady that hosts the Devolver Digital E3 conferences. We talked about the lead on the Serious Sam games and The Talos Principle, who I had a veeeery long and enlightening conversation with the previous PAX South. Both of us concluded he was an incredibly modest person for how talented he was to help craft both a bombastic FPS comedy romp and a totally serious, narrative-led puzzler.

If I had known who she was to become (this was before she became famous for her E3 conferences), I would've had a much longer conversation with her :cry:

Reactions: Cygnus Rush 961