Best Sewer Levels

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
I hate sewer levels. Drab colors, having to raise or lower water with fucking switches, status violating enemies and hazards, easy to get lost, boring, frustrating. But that doesn't mean they're all bad right? Of course not even water and ice levels have some great ones (post for another day ;) ). So my question to you: What are the best Sewer levels?

My vote goes to Ancient Sewers (and to a lesser extent toxic sewers) in Dead Cells. Why? Because even if the music is kinda meh, there's an extra shade of shit brown, enemies that are fun to fight (except that spike-making mushroom, that thing can go fuck itself), hazards that are forgiving enough if you slip up a bit, and lots of places to do that satisfying down smash. I don't mind passing through and that is a victory in itself.

LaTerry

May 11, 2020
Sewer Speedway in Crash Team Racing. That might be cheating since it's a racing game and you don't have to worry about a lot of the usual problems a sewer level has, but whatever, I really like this track in CTR. It has one of the most difficult to master shortcuts in the game, so much so that when playing online it's often better to not even attempt the shortcut, because you'll get ahead of the large group of racers who failed to take it and hit a wall. It's always funny to watch the map and see how many people fail it. There's always one guy who makes it though.

Reactions: RiffRaff

zatoseyes

May 11, 2020
Most sewer levels suck, but I actually enjoyed the one in Blasphemous. Probably because of the creepy, droning music it has. Because the level itself was a whole lot of just annoying bullshit. Sorrowful is the heart.

• Love
Reactions: RiffRaff

Roager

Rogue Ogre
May 11, 2020
Wasn't there a sewer part in Zelda: Twilight Princess? Where you had to sniff ghosts and stuff?

I think that was okay?

Dango

May 11, 2020
Queen Anne's Revenge
twitter.com
In some respects I actually really like Blighttown. Certainly, it's better in newer versions of the game now that the framerate's been fixed. Back on PS3 it was torturous.
I only played the Remastered version and Blighttown was one of my favourite parts.

The one in Ratchet and Clank 3. Why? Most of the worst part of it is optional.
The crystal hunting part was a godsend for me back when I liked sticking to a few games. These days, it's a much less attractive feature.