Best Sword in Gaming

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
Video games house more glistening phallic steel than a Man-O-War album. Which ones are your favorite?

I'm a big fan of the Holy Moonlight Sword from Bloodborne's The Old Hunters expansion. Not only does it look cool as fuck when glimmering with arcane energy, but when that fucker connects it does some serious damage. Played through my entire NG++ with it exclusively and damn what a fun time that was.
Holy_Moonlight_Sword_In_The_Nightmare_Frontier.jpg

And not like a have a rather large tattoo of it or anything, but BotW's incarnation of the Master Sword is simple beauty.
zelda-breath-of-the-wild-master-sword-location-the-heroes-sword-4857-1488725587015.jpg

Scrustle

May 11, 2020
The Master Sword is one of the GOATs for sure. Such a timeless design, distinct and stylish, but not ostentatious.

Unsurprisingly, DMC is full of a bunch of great weapons, but I think Nero's Red Queen from 5 is my favourite. I love the shape of it, and the way it spits flames with the motorbike engine thing is really fun and dramatic too.
dmcredqueen.jpg

Dante's Rebellion deserves a mention too. I prefer the DMC4 version of that one though. The design has the perfect shape to it that the other versions don't get quite right, and also in that game it has better sound design that makes it feel like it's got a really heavy weight to it as well.
dmcrebellion.png

I really like Beastlord from Nier too. It's got that cool kind of monk spade look to it, but with a slight curve that I think works really well. Very unique yet simple shape. And the embossed lion face on the end is a really nice touch too, as impractical as that is. But who cares about practicality?
beastlord.jpeg

Last edited:

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
The Master Sword is one of the GOATs for sure. Such a timeless design, distinct and stylish, but not ostentatious.

Unsurprisingly, DMC is full of a bunch of great weapons, but I think Nero's Red Queen from 5 is my favourite. I love the shape of it, and the way it spits flames with the motorbike engine thing is really fun and dramatic too.
View attachment 748

Dante's Rebellion deserves a mention too. I prefer the DMC4 version of that one though. The design has the perfect shape to it that the other versions don't get quite right, and also in that game it has better sound design that makes it feel like it's got a really heavy weight to it as well.
View attachment 749

I really like Beastlord from Nier too. It's got that cool kind of monk spade look to it, but with a slight curve that I think works really well. Very unique yet simple shape. And the embossed lion face on the end is a really nice touch to, as impractical as that is. But who cares about practicality?
View attachment 750
Love Nero's sword! Revving it up is just ridiculous fun!

Reactions: Scrustle
May 14, 2020
Got to be the dildo weapon also pretty sure I saw the main guy in Yakuza 7 using a huge vibrator as a sword as well. Shame fps melle is usualy done so crap usualy could get some cool sword combat from that

Reactions: RiffRaff

zatoseyes

May 11, 2020
I'm a big fan of the Holy Moonlight Sword from Bloodborne's The Old Hunters expansion. Not only does it look cool as fuck when glimmering with arcane energy, but when that fucker connects it does some serious damage. Played through my entire NG++ with it exclusively and damn what a fun time that was.

The Moonlight Sword is one of the best. Personally, I prefer the Moonlight Sword Classique from King's Field.

eaa3ddcfbe6e84de739889c2fc78938c73b1ad53_hq.gif

modern_moron

Gold Standard in Stupidity
Jun 11, 2020

I just wish you could do the Wolf Knight's Greatsword weapon art with it to fully complete my pretending Dark Souls is an official Berserk game

Reactions: RiffRaff

Xeo

May 10, 2020
Frostmourne. The lore behind the thing itself makes this my pick. But it does also look fittingly badass for that lore as well. It's one of the most overall destructive swords in a video game to boot. Creating a nearly apocalyptic chain of events that still has lasting impact upon the world which is comes from.
frostmourne.jpg
Frostmourne2.jpg