Favorite Song from Your Favorite Band/Artist

RiffRaff

Human Person, Maybe
Robot
May 11, 2020
Italy
What the title says; it doesn't necessarily have to be your all-time favorite song. You can choose just one! Real tough question imo. It was for me. I keep flipping between Opeth and Steven Wilson as my all-time favorites but at the end of the day I'm a metal head at heart so Opeth get the win here (subject to change in 3 minutes). And when it comes to Opeth it is my humble opinion that the record Ghost Reveries is not only their best album, but the best album in the history of metal. Stunning perfection from start to finish encompassing every single aspect that draws me to the genre and music as a whole. And my favorite track off the album would be Harlequin Forest (fun, useless fact, often you see Reverie in the title before Harlequin Forest but that song is not actually part of the track, on the CD it's embedded in the previous song and if you watch the time counter it plays backwards. So Reverie is actually the prelude and isn't heard on the video embedded below :) ). Every time I listen to this song I get goosebumps, especially when it goes into the "into the trees" section!
The last concert I went to before Covid fucked us in the ass was Opeth (my 7th time seeing them) and I finally got to see them play this song live. Deer god was it orgasmic!

Fendibull

May 24, 2020

Gotta be my all time favorite album. Dewa 19 - Laskar Cinta.

especially this song, it's kinda like a Muslim modern Hymn but a good song if you don't know the lyrics. I sang this song to my ex GF on the internet with a broken english and a damn 2 dollars microphone.

Oh, adding another thing: I used the song to made a cheap AMV (Remember those big AMV boom in early Youtube?) of The Lion King, kinda fit in of duty being a King and Simba's love on his family and his mate: Nala.

Reactions: RiffRaff

Dreggsao

May 11, 2020
Berlin

I just love how the lyrics are deeply ironic and sincere at the same time.
When I write something I can barely go 3 lines without cussing.

Seymour Demonica

Badonkadonk Monk
Jun 9, 2020
www.youtube.com

Incredibly hard to pick a favorite JoCo track, but this would easily make it into the top 10. Coulton's one of the best lyricists out there and can flawlessly nail both serious and tongue-in-cheek writing when it's hard enough to do either one.

Last edited:

meanderbot

May 11, 2020

Despite being a very shy and quiet person, there is a part of me that desperately wants to perform. And I enjoy singing this song so damn much.

One of my bigger regrets in life is being at a karaoke party organized by Destructoid during PAX 13 and not thinking to sing this.

Satanás do 71

Jul 6, 2020
What the title says; it doesn't necessarily have to be your all-time favorite song. You can choose just one! Real tough question imo. It was for me. I keep flipping between Opeth and Steven Wilson as my all-time favorites but at the end of the day I'm a metal head at heart so Opeth get the win here (subject to change in 3 minutes). And when it comes to Opeth it is my humble opinion that the record Ghost Reveries is not only their best album, but the best album in the history of metal. Stunning perfection from start to finish encompassing every single aspect that draws me to the genre and music as a whole. And my favorite track off the album would be Harlequin Forest (fun, useless fact, often you see Reverie in the title before Harlequin Forest but that song is not actually part of the track, on the CD it's embedded in the previous song and if you watch the time counter it plays backwards. So Reverie is actually the prelude and isn't heard on the video embedded below :) ). Every time I listen to this song I get goosebumps, especially when it goes into the "into the trees" section!
The last concert I went to before Covid fucked us in the ass was Opeth (my 7th time seeing them) and I finally got to see them play this song live. Deer god was it orgasmic!

Man..... Opeth, Mastodon and Baroness are my holy triad of actual bands.
I had a ticket to Opeth (3rd time), and one to see Clutch (for the first time), but COVID hit... And now I am just waiting for 2021...

• Love